Friday, November 06, 2009

Have a holly jolly Christmas?

The local lite rock radio station here in the STL, 102.5 KEZK, has started playing Christmas music.......24/7. Uhm, really? It's the first week of November. Are you sure Christmas music 24/7 is necessary at this point in time? Thanks to KEZK, I now have "Please Come Home for Christmas" by Don Henley in my head. Awesome. And while I'm on the subject, don't you think "Frosty the Snowman" is a bit too traumatic for children? I mean, he MELTS for God's sake. Remember on the cartoon when he keeps saying "Happy Birthday"? I know know why, but that keeps running through my head (along with Don Henley).

TGIF and all, but seriously, I do believe EVERYONE in the state of Tennessee with United Healthcare insurance was hospitalized either on a psych unit or detox unit last night because my caseload is OUT OF CONTROL today. Yikes. So, while I'm glad it's Friday, I must first get through this crazy busy day at Job #1 and then work 4.5 hours at Job #2. My life is awesome.

Merry Christmas. And Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, I think it is wayyyyyy too early for Christmas music. I have not checked locally to see if we have it going here yet.
I like Frosty the Snowman, but I remember as a kid crying when he melted......I forgot about the crying.
I think that the Rudolph one is pretty bad now, how he gets picked on or I guess nowadays we call it discrimination. And his dad telling his mom, "This is mans work" when they go searching for him.

KD said...

Oh Blue, I'm sorry to bring up any traumatic childhood experiences (regarding Frosty melting). ;)

Blue said...

I need to call my Mom and ask her why she let me watch Frosty knowing that it made me cry when he melted.....lol

Jen Estes said...

Blue, in my experience, most children's movies are horrifying for children. Cases in point: 1) "Bambi". 2) "Land Before Time". (Personal note: my stepdad took me & my bros to see this when he was dating my mom and when the mama dinosaur was killed, my 5-year-old self FREAKED out in the theater, convinced he'd done something to MY mom since she didn't come too, and we had to leave. It's 21 years later and he still has never took me to another movie again.) 3) A little Roald Dahl production called "The Witches". If you've seen it, you know what I'm saying. If you haven't - don't, it's still scary as hell.

KD said...

Another case in point-We were visiting family in Wichita, Ks the year "ET" came out, 1980-ish? I was either 4 or 5 and my sister was either 2 or 3. So, we go see the movie and my poor baby sister SCREAMED HER HEAD OFF, scared to death of ET. I can't remember if we left the theater or not, but I still remember the screaming.... ;)