Thursday, November 05, 2009

Blah, blah, the Yankees won the World Series, blabity, blah, blah, blah......

I'm only gonna address this once and then we're moving on, k? The mo fo New York Yankees won the World Series last night. For the 27th effing time. Ya-freakin-hoo. I hate them all except for Joe Girardi (and is it just me, or is he starting to look like Skeletor?). I particularly hate Kate Hudson. Now, I realize she is not technically on the Yankees, but she's dating A-Rod (have you heard???) and for every effing game, they showed her in the crowd at least 27 times. QUITE annoying. Hey, remember when the Cubs passed over Joe Girardi to hire Lou Piniella instead? Guess who just won the World Series??? Just sayin. So, here we sit, baseball is officially over for 2009. We must sit through the "other" sports until our boys of summer come back next spring. I can't even watch Blues hockey because every effing game is blacked out (GFY Dish Network). But I'm not bitter. Speaking of hockey, going to the game next Saturday....14 rows off the ice. Nice. Now, before you say, how can she afford that, let me tell you how-StubHub. GREAT deals on tickets, just sayin.

Now on to random things, last night as I was driving home from work, I saw a bumper sticker that said "I'm only speeding because I really have to poop". Nice, huh? Even better? It was on a mini-van. Wow.

I think I have my first real workout injury. I was running on the treadmill last night and I periodically kept having a cramp-like pain shooting up my left leg. I tried to ignore it (no pain, no gain, right?) but the more I ran the more it hurt. I hopped off the treadmill and tried to stretch it out but it was still a'hurtin. It's ok to walk on this morning, but I'm thinking I should probably take a day off from running. I love old age.

So, I did end up getting my hair chopped off. Six inches, gone. Love it. It's now shoulder length-ish. I have had SO many compliments on it and one of the docs at work told me it made me look younger (a girl ALWAYS likes that compliment). He is also kinda a creepy pervy perverson, so I'm not sure how I feel about his compliments (we call him Dr. Pimp behind his back. For good reason.).

I am soooooooooooo ready for Thanksgiving. Not only is it my favorite holiday because it's the only one we spend in Salem, but I also have the Friday before and the entire week of Thanksgiving off. Yesssssssssss! On top of that, I'll get to see my precious baby girl! I haven't seen her since the end of September and she has changed so much since then! I also can't wait to see my sis and brother-in-law.

After having listened to the new Weezer CD several times now, I can tell you I like it more and more each time. I can do without the weird slow song with the sitar and the lady singing in the background, but other than that, the songs are pretty good. Now, if they would just go on tour again, complete with a stop in the STL............

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, I did not watch any of the WS at all this year. I wonder if ARod gets an asterix put on his WS ring?
As for your running, I've had similar pain like that, best thing is to rest it or ice it down if it continues.

KD said...

Any idea what causes it, Blue?
I'm skipping the gym today and letting it rest. Ugh.

Blue said...

I'm not sure what causes it, icing it down works, or you could put some kind of sportscream on it, Tigerbalm works great, just don't get it in your eyes.

Jen Estes said...

"I'm only speeding because I really have to poop." But really, could you give a person who puts that on their car a speeding ticket?

Congrats on the haircut!