Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween Fun!

my brother being freaky weird
the back of my mom's car for Trunk or Treat
me being the candy gobblin....
me and my brother
my brother and mom
John and Linda Maledy's car
some folks went all out with their decorations
lovely halloween scene....on a church parking lot
the thing in yellow next to my brother is NOT a real person. Looks like it though, doesn't it? It was freaking me out.

My parents church hosted Trunk or Treat on Halloween night. The premise is that you decorate the "trunk" of your cars and give out candy. Supposed to be a safer alternative than letting your little ghosts and goblins walk the streets. Especially the mean streets of Salem, Mo. It was actually a lot of fun-approximately 2,300 people were there. That's a lot of frickin candy to hand out, but it was really fun-the kids were so cute. My brother and I, and his friend Travis helped my mom out. Tim and Travis entertained us all night-who knew they were so funny?
The one thing I will point out (God don't hate me for being judgemental) is that, I swear to you, I have never seen more people with missing teeth in my life, and no, it was not part of any costume. I mean, I realize Dent County isn't the richest of areas, but come on!
Missing teeth and all, it was still a fun night....I'll probably do it again next year. The kids were just too cute-even the little monster that sassed me. He was probably 7 or 8 and was wearing an Incredible Hulk costume. Me, thinking I was being funny (my first mistake) asked him if the muscles built into the costume were real. This kid looked at me like I was the biggest retard and said "it's just a costume, it's not real". I half expected him to say "DUH", but he didn't. The rest of the kids were polite, but I tell ya, if I ever see that little hellion again...........

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hey KD, looks like you had fun. By the way, is that a cemetery across the way in the pic with your and your brother, you and your Mom?

KD said...

Good eye, Blue! it is indeed a cemetary in the background..good Halloween setting, huh? I thought it was kinda creepy personally..... :)

Blue said...

That is creepy.
The elementary school I attended in the 6th grade had a cemetery behind the playground, so whenever a ball went over, we would all just kind of stand there and stare at it until one of us mustered up enough courage to go get it....lol.

KD said...

Ha ha! that's funny! :)