Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Practice Thanksgiving

OMG, we are having food day at work today and it's a Thanksgiving theme. I think I've already eaten my weight in green bean casserole. Ugh, I feel the bloat already. This is gonna cost me double time in the gym tonight. I figure this is just a trial run for next week.

I mean seriously, we have potato casserole, mac and cheese, two kinds of green bean casserole (my boss and I are having a green bean casserole face off. I'm fairly certain I won. It's the extra crunchy onions that did it), breads, turkey, chili, stuffing, and like 5 different desserts. Oh, and egg nog-but not the good kind, you know, with alcohol. We scoffed at the lady that brought the fresh fruit and veggies-healthy crap? Get that stuff outta here! This is Thanksgiving dammit! There's no room for healthy here (I say this as my pants are getting tighter and tighter by the minute).

So, as you've heard me bitch about before, I sit right next to the doctors at work (only two more days of that nonsense then we move buildings where I don't have to sit by them anymore!). Well, I put my plate down on my desk and went to get a napkin. My plate was gone when I came back and all four docs were standing around. My first response? "Which one of you guys did it?". I then blamed Dr. B who sits right by me and is typically a little ornery. He faked shock at me accusing him first then said typically I'd be right, but not this time. Turns out, our frickin Medical Director, Dr. V (who I like to call Dr. Annoying) was the culprit, which meant, not only did I have to talk to him (I try to avoid that at all costs unless I want a diatribe about his son's soccer games for the next hour-no thank you), but that he had come into close contact with my food. Not sure how I feel about that. Although it did not stop me from eating it.

I am in carb heaven right now. It may be hell later after it digests, but for now? Heaven.

4 comments:

Blue said...

Wow, that sounds better than my can of ravioli....lol.
I'm not a fan of egg nog though.

KD said...

I didn't drink the egg nog-especially w/no alcohol. I mean, that's just crazy talk. :)

Unfortunately (fortunately?), there is a lot of green bean casserole left. Guess what I'll be having for dinner????

Blue said...

Green bean casserole rocks, you can't go wrong with it.
By the way, I still have like half a pack of those caramel apple candy corns.....lol

KD said...

Ugh...me too Blue. My co-worker, being nice, brought me another bag of them!!!! It was sugar overload. Yikes.