Friday, December 19, 2008

Week wrap-up

This has been a very up and down week for me. I have had some good days, some not so good days (example, Tuesday, as I was leaving work, I saw how horrendous the traffic was and I immediately burst into tears....). Today seems to be a good day so far, fueled by sugar and caffeine (and the GIANT caramel apples we just received from one of the treatment centers we work with in Pennsylvania), AND it's Friday. We are having a little holiday dinner party at my friend Amy's house tonight...that should be fun, although I hear rumors that we are playing the board game Cranium. That game makes me feel even more mentally slow than I already am. I don't like things that make me feel bad about myself......

In other news, didya know I chopped my hair off? Six inches G-O-N-E gone. I went in last Saturday and informed my gal that I was gonna let her cut a couple of inches. She just looked at me and said "a couple? Try six.". Now, I'm kinda intimidated by her and decided it may be best to just do what she says....actually, I decided to quit being such a baby and let her chop it. I'm glad I did. It feels and looks sooooo much better. When I actually bother to fix it, it's quite sassy (today would NOT be one of those days as it's in a ponytail).

Last nights company holiday party was, um....interesting. Yours truly stayed sober, but some other colleagues did not. Let's just say, there was some disclosure of personal information that I'd rather not know....... ;) I went for the free food and door prizes (that I sooooo did not win, but whatever). It was a pretty fun night, and I was home by 7:00pm.

OMG, I totally witness that Hwy 70 school bus crash this morning (and sat in the traffic jam it caused). I saw the bus STRADLING the median, it was full of kids, there were ambulances, police and crashed cars everywhere, there were kids on stretchers and whatnot. It was truly like a scene from a movie. Here's the link of the story: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/commutingtraffic/story/555CDB37780FF4A78625752400478B6A?OpenDocument

I'm hoping today doesn't suck. Are we still having our Girls Lunch tomorrow? Anyone? I still need to finish Christmas shopping which, really, I'd rather stick a pen in my eye than go to any shopping facility this weekend......

No comments: