Monday, December 08, 2008

Seizures and tattoos

So, as I was driving to work this morning trying to decide what mood I was gonna be in for the day, a song came on that made the decision for me. I mean, how in the hell can you be in a bad mood after listening to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves???? It's impossible I tell ya, impossible! The mood was touch and go before that as I had to take a different route to work. Luckily for me, I caught the traffic report on the radio and heard that there was not one, not two, not three, but FOUR accidents on Hwy 170 northbound-the exact route I usually take. So, I switched it up and took Hwy 44 through downtown hitting Hwy 70. It occurred to me that I'm gonna have to start going that way anyway beginning next Monday as the second phase of the Hwy 40 project begins and my precious part of that highway will be shut down for the next year. Luckily, today's drive wasn't bad and I made it to work on time. That being said, I don't like change.

Here is what I learned today about cooking eggs in the microwave at work. Put them in for 45 seconds and PERFECTO. I put some pre-cooked bacon in and a bit of cheese and voila! Instant breakfast. I am a culinary genius. No, really, I am.

Who else has not even started their Christmas shopping? Anyone? The thought of it causes me much anxiety and I just prefer to skip it entirely. I did order one thing online and that seems to be my preferred method. By shopping online, you avoid having to deal with people, noise and traffic. And (if at home) you can sit in your jammies while you do it. Mama like.

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, thanks for asking. I did a whole lotta nothing on Friday night and continued that trend well into Saturday (I think I stayed in my jammies until 3-ish). Saturday night, Tanya and I went to a party at our friend Lori's house (because nothing says "happy holidays" quite like partying with a bunch of crisis line workers!). Tanya and I managed to get lost (even though Lori seriously lives only a couple of miles from me) and while we were sitting and trying to figure out where in the hell we were, we saw two girls....carrying their babies....into a TATTOO shop. Does anyone else find that weird and inappropriate? Anywho-back to the party, there were a ton of people there and us crisis liners stuck together much of the night. There was some excitement toward the middle portion of the evening when a fellow party goer had a FRICKIN SEIZURE right in the middle of the hallway. Well, never fear, the crisis line is here! My adorable friend Hallie was ON IT and called 911, and impressively, the St. Louis City EMS arrived in under five hours (it was actually about 10-15 minutes). No need to fear, the guy was ok (which makes me feel less bad about what Tanya and I did....we took Hallie's camera, because mine was trapped inside the bedroom where the seizing guy was, and went outside and took a picture of me with the ambulance....I know, we're not right. I blame the rum).

Yesterday, I went to my sister's friend Jenny's house for our first Baby Shower Planning Committee Meeting. We are planning my sister's baby shower for late next month and meeting #1 appeared to go well. There are many good ideas out there and now we just have to make it all come together. I can't wait!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see that photo!!!

KD said...

you mean of me and the ambulance? LOL! as soon as i can get my little hands on it, you KNOW i'll be posting that bad boy!

Unknown said...

It was a really nice photo! The ambulance lights had a very festive feel.