Monday, December 29, 2008

And how was everyone's Christmas?

Christmas was good. Glad it's over, but it was still good. Not even a pain-in-the-ass sinus infection could keep me down.

Yes, I had to work Christmas Eve (and I was only slightly angry and bitter about it...), but I managed to leave work at 2:00pm and headed straight to Grandpa's where my family was. As soon as I saw them, I was immediately relaxed. They are my favorite. My pregnant sister looks ADORABLE, you can finally see her baby bump, our little Baby B is starting to get bigger! We opened presents there (I have pics posted on my Facebook page), then headed out to the Batto's house for the big fam extravaganza. A good time was had by all. I started to notice a bit of a sore throat but decided to ignore it....bad idea because, by Christmas morning, I wasn't feeling so hot (I'm going with a self-diagnosis of sinus infection...and today I still cannot hear out of my right ear....). Christmas Day we went over to visit the Davidson side of the family and that night, I went over to the Baumgartner's for some fine family fun complete with a couple rounds of Yahtzee (did you know that if you role anything other than a Yahtzee it's called a "not-zhee"?????). It was a fun night and I thank the Baumgartners for saving me from having to spend Christmas night home alone....

I worked at the crisis line the day after Christmas, but by then was full-on not feeling well and ended up leaving early. I headed to Salem where I let my mommy take care of me and buy me things. ;) It was a good weekend at home, we got to see Tim's friend Jeremiah and his new wife (Tim and Jere-moose have been friends since they were four...I used to babysit Jeremiah and his sister, so it was kinda weird to see that he's a married man now...).

Now on to sorta abbreviated work week. I am working from 7:30am to 10:30pm on New Years Eve (go me!), have Jan 1 off to recover, then am back at it on Friday. I'm a little angry and bitter toward those of you that are off all week (and you know who you are......), but I still hope you have a good week!

I'm gonna go try to do something productive now since I'm at work and all.....

No comments: