Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Power out

I woke up at 5:30 this morning FREEZING. As I turned to look at the clock to see what time it was, I noticed my clock wasn't on. It took me a minute in my sleep-deprived state to figure out that it wasn't just my clock that wasn't on but it was EVERYTHING that wasn't on. My first thought was "I'm pretty sure I paid the electric bill", then I got up, looked outside and saw that the power was out on the entire block. Yay. I grabbed my cell to set the alarm and tried to go back to sleep but it was too damn cold! I then got a call from my mother around 7:00am making sure I was up for work...that was when I was informed that apparently a transformer (the electric thingy, not the robot) caught fire, thus causing the power outage. Apparently 53,000 people were affected. I was thanking God I'd taken a shower last night because, hello, I wasn't gonna be able to blow dry my hair today (oh no!). The good news is, just as I was walking out the door, my power came back on, but the damage had been done-as I drove to work, several of the traffic lights were on flashing causing much backup and causing people to generally drive like idiots (more so than usual). I mean seriously, can I not just have one uneventful morning drive to work? Yesterday's fun was the CENTIMETER of snow we got, causing accidents on every single highway in the STL metro area, and causing me to get to work late.

In spite of how it sounds, I am actually in quite the good mood. I don't have a particular reason to be, I just am. I mean sure, I DID call someone an idiot today (AFTER I hung up the phone), causing Dr. Smith to laugh and announce that I was back (he thinks it's funny when I talk about my idiot hospitals after I get off the phone with them). I'm gonna go try to do something productive now, Happy Tuesday!

No comments: