Monday, December 15, 2008

Call 911, I'm going into a sugar coma

First of all, the 14 degree temperature this morning was just completely unnecessary. Fourteen degrees? Really? That's effin cold. Then let's talk about the layer of ice on my windshield. Because it was so effin cold out, I had a heck of a time getting my windshield to defrost. And then, once I finally got moving and on the highway, the salt kept yucking up my windshield...which is when I discovered that my drivers side windshield washer thingy was FROZEN. Yes, so I drove to work barely able to see out my windshield. I contemplated getting all Ace Ventura and driving with my head sticking out the window, but then I remembered that it was 14 degrees outside. Luckily, I managed to make it to work (albeit 35 minutes late), just in time for...........

COOKIE EXCHANGE day! Woo hoo!!!! My team does this every year. I now have seven different types of cookies, the shakes and a bit of a headache. Is that a sign of a problem? Mix that with copious amounts of caffeine and you have yourself a PARTAY! I had a heck of a time baking cookies with Mikey Poo last night. We laughed, we cried, we baked. It was good times. Mike sang, I laughed and I tell you this much-I am NEVER making the Christmas wreath cookies again! What a pain in the arse. Sure, they're super cute (made like rice crispy treats only with corn flakes, you dye them green, shape them into a wreath and put red hots on them for the holly berries), but I STILL have green dye on my hands that I'm pretty sure is never coming off, and I had to put so much butter on my hands to make the stupid things (because they stick otherwise-DUH!) that I'm pretty sure my hand pores are clogged forever. Ew. They're really good, however.

Busy busy week this week. Ice storm be damned. We are having our Book Club Christmas tonight in beautiful Valmeyer, Illinois (rumor has it we're taking the four wheel drive...we'll be fine), tomorrow is food day at work, Wednesday I have to work at the always fun crisis line, Thursday is our work holiday party at my least favorite place on Earth, Dave and Busters (but hey, I'm a sucker for free food and door prizes), Friday is a Christmas potluck at Aim's house and I'm pretty sure there's something going on on Saturday too but I can't seem to remember what it is. I STILL do not have the holiday spirit and I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm not gonna get it. The only good thing about next week is that I get to see my family and only have to work three days. And that's all I got to say about that.

No comments: