Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cubs trade rumors

Ok, so I haven't talked about my Cubbies in quite some time. The grumblings of trade rumors have prompted me to state my opinion. Granted, it's not like Cubs GM Jim Hendry gives a damn about what I think, but still I'm gonna put it out there...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to trading Mark DeRosa. I will not have it. Not only is he Mr. Versatility but he's quite easy on the eyes as well. I will NOT have them take down the Cubs hotness factor. As I mentioned on another blog, I will miss his hotness. And, really, isn't that what baseball is all about? No? It's not? Anyway...on to my next point-the Jake Peavy lottery. Would I like to see him in a Cubs uniform? Sure, he's pretty effin fantastic, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF ONE MARK DEROSA. Could I handle seeing Mike Fontenot go? Sure. How bout Ryan Theriot? Ehhh...I sure wouldn't like it much, but I'd deal. Felix Pie? Take him.

Here's my counter-offer. Cubs get Peavy and end up, hands down, with the best starting rotation in all of baseball and the Padres (or Phillies or whomever else wants to get involved) get Felix Pie, that Vitters kid and, just for shits and grins, we'll thrown in Jason Marquis....for free. Don't say we never gave ya nothing MLB. You're welcome.

I must get back to stalking all Cubs blogs/MLB news sites for the latest breaking action.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO! They can't trade DeRo. For one thing and the most important, we haven't been able to wear our t-shirts yet. Plus, he's hot and like you said very versatile. This canNOT happen.

kristy said...

The cubbies can have jake peavy. Have you ever seen that guy in the play-offs? One big cry-baby, choke-artist. He'll fit in great with the rest of your rotation. Cardinals loved themselves some peavy play-off pitching!!

KD said...

Oh sister dear...I love reading stltoday and hearing how the Cards writers think they're gonna be competitive w/the Cubs next year. It's cute. ;)

Oh, and no need to worry about Peavy playoff pitching...we all know what the Cubs (as a team) do in the playoffs........:(

Anonymous said...

BORING!!!!

Mikey Poo

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight . . . you have a chance to get one of best pitchers in the National League, and you are upset because they might give up a player who isn't even good enough to have 1 position??? He may be good looking but is there anyone who reads this blog that doesn't think you will have at least 2 or 3 new Cubbie crushes next season?

KD said...

Mike-you're an ass. I mean, I love you!!!!!

DT-it's true, I DO have a lot of Cubbie crushes...but Jake Peavy will NOT be one of them! :)

Anonymous said...

He doesn't need to be one of your Cubbie crushes . . . I'm sure they will sign someone who isn't good enough to earn his own position for you to crush on.