Friday, December 05, 2008

hodge podge

So, I was HIGHLY offended by 106.5 The Arch this morning. How DARE they try to insult Canadians! I mean, you all know I have a soft spot in my heart for Canadians (one in particular). I mean sure, I HAVE made my share of rude comments about Bryan Adams, Nickelback, Celine Dion and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (all deserved, in my opinion, but whatever), but for the most part, I dig all things Canadian. What prompted the anti-Canadian rant this AM? Well, the station had just finished playing "Sunglasses at Night" by one Corey Hart and the DJ mentioned that he's Canadian, then said he read an article about how the US economy is going to affect Canada, then he said "who cares? No one cares about Canada!". So rude! So, on behalf of the radio station, my apologies to our friendly neighbors to the north......

It's Friday people! Yay for Friday! I'm doing a whole lotta nothing tonight and I'm ok with that. Well, I DO have to straighten up my apartment as Tanya is coming over tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll get to that sometime before she arrives. Tomorrow night we are going to a holiday party with some crisis line folks, that should be some good times. Let it be noted that Alex announced to the call center last night that he was in love with me. Most people looked up and were like "what the hell????". I just laughed, knowing he was just being silly. This was during a brief period where I was not actually on the phone. I took many, MANY calls last night (I was none too happy about it either)-that little "glitch" in the phone system needs to be fixed ASAP. No one likes being the one that gets 3-5 calls in a row while everyone else is sitting on their asses surfing the internet. It can cause one to get a bit cranky. Add in annoying phone calls from Sniffles and it makes for a long, LONG night. ;) (Sniffles is an employee, not a client...ok, the two MAY be mutually exclusive....).

I am gonna just sit here now and sip my tea. It's cold out there folks! My car said it was 19 degrees this AM. Yikes. It is also cold in my office. I really hope I don't have to sit here with my coat on. That would just be weird.

Happy Weekend everyone. Vaya con Dios.


P.S. I now totally have "Sunglasses at Night" in my head..........

No comments: