Monday, September 04, 2006

Today is a holiday...and I didn't have to work...WHAT?

I didn't know what to do with myself. A holiday that I didn't have to work. I was confused for a minute, but quickly got over it. Too bad I spent the bulk of my weekend feeling like crap. Yep-those fall allergies have hit full force. I think I slept like 18 hours yesterday. No wonder my body wanted to get up at 7am this morning. I didn't let it, of course, that would be crazy! I had to bow out on doing Gabe's supervision this weekend-I swear I'll make it up to ya girl!

Well, hope everyone had a great Labor Day. I guess it isn't so much celebrating what Labor Day stands for (what does it stand for, anyway???), but more about getting together one last time before the weather cools down and fall begins. There was no family get together this year (what was up with that?). I didn't leave my apartment much but did have the joy of watching that Larry The Cable Guy movie......over, and over, and over again. Don't ask.

Now is time to wind down as I must be up by 7:00am to get to work in the morning. Tomorrow is my "late night". The whole "late night" concept at my new job still cracks me up as "late night" to them is working until 5:00 or 5:15pm. I LOVE it. After nearly 6 years of working until at least 11pm, I think I can handle 5:15 once a week....yea, I'm adjusting to this day shift thing just fine....

Happy birthday real quick to my friend Mike D and my friend Matt Harris (who just moved to Florida with his wife and is truly missed by everyone back in the STL!). Hope you boys both had a great birthday this weekend.

Also Happy Birthday to my cousin Jackie (Uncle Jimmy's daughter). Wow-is she freakin' 13? I can't even believe it, but it's true. My baby cousins are getting old. They're gonna catch up with me soon...

No comments: