Tuesday, September 12, 2006

never forget

11 years to the day we lost Grandma B. Still seems like yesterday. It's hard to imagine what things would be like if she was still here. I will always remember her sense of humor (for those that know me-I blame her for my sense of sarcasm because that's where I got it!!!). One of my favorite memories of her is the time she took my sister and I to the mall, we were probably 14 and 12 at the time. We went into a music store and the teenage boys behind the counter were talking and doing a lot of cursing. Well Grandma marched right up to them and informed them that their language was offensive and that they were NOT to talk like that in front of her granddaughters. Red and I, of course, were WAY embarrassed, but looking back now, it was pretty funny. I also liked when I would come over to visit her and Grandpa, before I left she would slip a $20 in my pocket. That rocked. If anyone wants to continue that tradition, just let me know! Thanks.
Yes, Grandma was awesome and is still very much missed. I know she would be proud of all of us. And yes, is probably sitting up in Heaven laughing at us because we are a bunch of nuts! I love you Grandma!

No comments: