Thursday, September 14, 2006

Horses have antlers and deer have horns

Ok, so last night J asked me if I wanted to ride with him to his new job site so he'd know where it is. I agreed, besides, there was nothing on TV (with only 2 channels, that's bound to happen, and besides, we were pissed off about Toby not winning Rockstar Supernova. It was a bunch of BS, I tell ya! Whatever Tommy Lee!!!). So, off we went down Hwy 44, cruisin' along, when all of a sudden, traffic came to a halt. A complete halt. I mean down-to-one-lane-halt. Our nice little 30 minute drive turned into a nearly TWO HOUR ordeal. In a word? It SUCKED. That is, until I started hallucinating people running alongside the road (I SWEAR I saw someone....). When you are sitting in traffic going 4 miles an hour (literally, we clocked it), you can either 1. get pissed off or 2. make the most of it and laugh. So......we laughed (mostly). The place we were looking for was in Wildwood, we were on some BFE country backroads, I tell ya. And it was dark. I think we were in the middle of some deer attack. We saw tons of them. And some of them had horns (ok, I know they are really antlers, but thats what I kept calling them). Then, we saw a road sign that said "watch for horses". Well I'm sorry, but thats funny. I peeled my eyes for any sudden horse movement from the side of the road. We didn't see any, thank God. After following some jacked up directions, we finally found the job site. The house is freakin HUGE. All the houses around were-would have been great to see them during the day. Anyway, our little adventure turned out to be pretty fun. I laughed till I cried at times. I think we were slap happy, at least I know I was, we didn't get back until nearly midnight and I was waaaay too wired to even think about sleeping. This is a problem when you have to get up at 6:30am. J-thanks for the good times.

No comments: