Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Is anyone else loving the new 101.1 radio station????

At first I was heartbroken that The River was gone. What? No more Steve and DC? What in the hell am I gonna listen to in the mornings on my drive to work? Well, I am happy to say that the new format is AWESOME. I mean, hello, I got to hear old school Bobby Brown, Madonna AND "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer all in the same day. How cool is that? It totally takes me back to high school and even junior high days (hello, "Cold Hearted" by Paula Abdul!!!). If you get the chance, tune in to 101.1 (that is, if you're in St. Louis). By the way, does anyone know if Steve and DC have been relocated to another station or are they gone forever???? Say it ain't so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's nice to hear those songs every once in a while but man i feel like i need to grab a glass of zinfandel and wear panty hose with my open toe shoes when i listen to it. i can only listen for so long without saying this is crap and changing the channel. but i expect that many other channels here will be changing to this kind of format just different types of music. by the way, unless another station in stl picks them up, steve and dc won't be on in stl anymore. hope they get picked up. man i sound negative but apparently the people who run the river made this change unexpectedly and fired all their on air personalities with no warning for them. not cool.

Cheryl Verde said...

Did you know you could listen to it live anytime you want while online? Go to http://www.wvrv.com/ and click on LISTEN LIVE.

kristy said...

Can I just say I am so glad to be ridden of Steve and DC??? Cannot stand their voices and I miss Vic/Trish/and Big Jake. What will I do without Trish's trash? I was loudly singing along to "Don't be Cruel" this weekend and the guy in the car next to me did not appreciate it. :(

Anonymous said...

o so u erased my comment ok,well here steve and dc are rock stars,im bi, trish was my x, now were even miss thing,by the way do u have a bike riders outfit for me please