Monday, September 11, 2006

How dare they stop making Breck shampoo!!!!

Grandpa is upset. They stopped manufacturing his favorite shampoo that he has used for like 50 years. Its a travesty, I tell you. I got to hear all about this yesterday after church (I also got to hear about how his Schnucks no longer carries his favorite jelly, but that is a whole other story....). Lucky for Grandpa I am a cheapskate and have spotted his favorite shampoo at the always ritzy Dollar Tree. Yep, for a dollar a bottle, Grandpa's Brecks shampoo is still in stock. Heck, for that price I could get him a couple cases of the stuff. So, if anyone ventures out to Dollar Tree, pick up a bottle or two for Grandpa-he likes the "regular" formula-no dry or oily hair here! Also, if you happen to be in the jelly aisle at Schnucks, Grandpa is in need of Smuckers red plum jelly. It's a must have.

Had a pretty good weekend, not a whole lot to report. I made home made chili last night-it was way good, if I do say so myself. Went to brunch with my former co-worker Sue and her 3 year old. 3 year olds crack me up-they are just so funny at that age! I managed to get myself out of bed and went to church yesterday. It was just me and Grandpa in the back pew. There was this little kid in front of me counting like The Count on Sesame Street (you know "1 ah ha ha, 2 ah ha ha, 3 ah ha ha.....). His parents were way embarrassed because everyone within earshot was laughing. It was too cute.

So, this mornings drive to work was a bit stressful. It was POURING and you know how St. Louisans drive when it's raining. Pure chaos. I made it to my desk in one piece. I know you were concerned.

No comments: