Monday, August 02, 2010

In mourning....and an open letter for a**holes out there

First of all to all the a**holes out there making fun of Carlos Silva for leaving yesterday's game, let me say this: he has a f**king heart problem, you heartless bastards!!!! He had to spend the night in the hospital for God's sake and you still take this opportunity to make fun of him and the Cubs? That's a new low, people. A new low. And so completely rude I can't even wrap my mind around it. You know, I'm not super excited about my Cubbies this year, but I would never, EVER, make fun of someone because they are having a health issue. Even if it was the player I hated most in the world, I'd never wish physical harm/pain on them. Some people are so classless.........and it makes me sick. I'll not give these a**holes any more attention.

Now, for the mourning. As we're all aware of by now, my beloved Ted Lilly was traded to the Dodgers on Saturday, along with Ryan Theriot (he was like the bonus prize, or something). My immediate thought was this-if the Cubs get rid of all the players I like, then I will no longer have a reason to watch them. Good thing Aramis "ouch my thumb hurts" Ramirez, Tyler "hottie" Colvin, Sean "tall dark and sexy" Marshall and Starlin "not old enough to drink legally" Castro are still on the team. I'll admit, I was totally bummed on Saturday when the trade became official. I mean, I knew it was going to happen, I just thought that maybe they'd forget all about it and Teddy Baseball would stay on the Cubs. But it wasn't to be. Now, sure, I'll learn to embrace our new guy, Blake DeWitt, who made quite the first impression yesterday with three hits, but it's gonna take some time. As my brother pointed out, he IS from Missouri (Sikeston to be exact-home of Lambert's and the throwed rolls!) and I do love all players from Missouri (except for Mark Buehrle. That guy irks me for some reason).

I do wish Ted well. And I guess I'm glad he's on a decent team who has at least some chance of making the post season. But I will miss him and his badassness. I'm so glad I got to see Ted pitch in a game this season at Wrigley (the game that Casey Blake accused him of cheating....wonder how that relationship is going now)-ironic that I watched him pitch against his future team, huh? I'm not that broken up about Theriot, although I wish him the best. I am pretty much done with Cubs baseball for the season. Sure, I may catch a game or two here and there to see pretty boy Tyler Colvin, but I've accepted the season for what it is. Over.

6 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I haven't heard anyone making fun of Silva's heart issues (again, wedding stupor) but I guess I'm not surprised. When it comes to the Cubs, people seem to have a kick-em-when-they're-down mentality. I've never understood all the Cubs hate. Yankees, I get. But hating on the perpetual underdogs? ('Cause what, they're so much of a threat?) The excuse I usually hear is the fans. I guess because we get ecstatic when our team wins and are hopeful each season for success. We're assholes like that.

KD said...

I read some of the ignorant comments people left on the various articles about Silva's illness. I mean, really??? I don't get the Cubs hate either. I mean, I get it around here b/c it's a rivalry, but seriously, to take a man's heart problem as the time to further make fun of the team as a whole is pretty low.

Blue said...

I don't get all the Cubs haters, they are the MOST beloved team there is. The Carlos Silva heart issues is nothing to joke or laugh about, karma is a bitch, so those folks making fun of it better beware.
Your Ted, Theriot post reminds me of this song....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgPlqnJI1iQ

J.J. said...

I do hear a lot of jeering about the Cubs, which, come on, isn't the team bad enough? Do you really have to make the fans feel even worse, if that's even possible right now? One poster on the TLFC spewed all kinds of venum about the Cubs and their fans, for no apparent reason other than TLFC made fun of Randy Newman. Seriously. I can't make crap like that up.

KD said...

JJ...I saw that and her post made me quite angry. I had a lot of hateful responses running through my head but decided to not give her any more attention, so I ignored it. I hate people.

Jen Estes said...

I went to check that comment out JJ, and wow.

That's actually the reason I've been trying really, really hard to avoid the comment sections of articles. The fact that there are people out there whose only contribution to society is to spend hours breeding hate that they would too cowardly to admit without the anonymity of the internet chips away at my soul. I hate people too.