Thursday, August 26, 2010

3-0

The Cubs are undefeated since Lou left. At this rate, they may only finish 10, 15 games under .500 instead of the 20 where they are currently. Dare to dream, folks. Dare to dream.

In all seriousness, I was happy to see that, at least for these three games, the Cubs actually looked like a REAL team. Great starting pitching, great run production from things other than home runs (ok, maybe "great" is a bit strong...). The bullpen is still a bit suspect, what with the average age down there being like 17, and Marm being ever the unpredictable one, but overall, they've looked good since Q took over. I like his style-he's sassy and does what he wants, even if it isn't the popular choice-like taking Dempster out last night (who pitched an EXCELLENT game!) for a pinch hitter. Demp was pissed, but guess what? That pinch hitter (the very hot-in many ways-Tyler Colvin), drew a walk, stole 2nd and scored the game's first run on Darlin Starlin's double, so......the unpopular move paid off. At least this time.

This weekend they take on the Reds. The dirty Reds. The dirty first place Reds. I'd LOVE for the Cubs to play spoiler. Just sayin. I strongly dislike you, Joey Votto. I want to punch you in your smug little face and I think I could because I think you're the same height as me. Watch your back.

GO TEAM Q!

2 comments:

Blue said...

Could there be a possibility that we can still do someting? I mean if the Reds and Cards hit an oil patch and tumble, we still have a chance right? Or am I dreaming?....lol

KD said...

Only 17 games back in the Wild Card hunt, Blue! Go Cubs! LOL!