Thursday, August 05, 2010

THIS is why we refer to Ted Lilly as a BAMF

This is an article from the Chicago Sun-Times, detailing how much Ryan Dempster misses his buddy, Ted (we all do Demp, we all do). Please make sure to read the line I've highlighted in bold:


"With Teddy, I always appreciated him every day for what a teammate he was and what a competitor he was, probably more than anything,” Dempster (9-8) said after six muggy innings without allowing an earned run to beat the Milwaukee Brewers and end the Cubs’ seven-game losing streak.
”I always thought I was the most competitive person out there. I never thought I’d find anybody more competitive until I met him.”
Lilly, who won his debut Tuesday for the Los Angeles Dodgers, famously ran over St.Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina to score a key run in the Cubs’ stretch drive in 2008, stole a base sliding head-first in a minor-league rehab start early this season and once attacked a pit bull barehanded to rescue his wife’s dog.
”I know they got somebody pretty special over there, and hopefully someday down the road, I’ll have the chance to play with him again,” Dempster said, ”because you don’t find too many guys like that out there.”
CHICAGO SUN-TIMES.


Ted Lilly is freakin Chuck Norris!

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

BAMF.

KD said...

Seriously, Ted manhandling a pitbull is kinda hot.

J.J. said...

Not just kinda hot, KD, VERY HOT.

I miss last summer. sigh.

Jake Moore said...

Cubs suck today. Cubs sucked yesterday. Cubs will suck tomorrow. It's nice in a world of so much uncertainty to know that one thing for sure.

KD said...

Jake Moore is a douche, FYI. I clicked on his link and just as I suspected, is a douchy Cardinals fan.

Stay off my page a-hole.