Friday, August 20, 2010

Things have gone out of control

Ok, so yesterday at work I get an IM from my friend Robin saying I needed to go meet Paul and Clara. "Who the hell are Paul and Clara?" I asked. I was told that if I just walked over by the elevators I would get my answer. So, I grabbed my friend Julie and made her go with me. As we approached the elevators, I turned left and Julie says from behind me "I think that's what she's talking about"....I turned around and jumped and my heart started racing because, there before us were giant human-sized cutouts of two old people. Paul and Clara. Seems Paul and Clara were representing one of the Medicare products we manage here at work. Why we needed the life-size cutouts, I'm not sure. Needless to say, Paul and Clara were the talk of the office all day....and evening as we chatted about them on Facebook. And, yes, before you even ask, yours truly did indeed pose for a picture with them. See below:

So, imagine my surprise when I arrived at work this morning to find two giant human-sized cutouts of our new friends Paula and Clarence (AKA Orlando Bloom and Christina Aguilera) at the end of my row. Hi-lar-i-ous. See below:

You'd think we have nothing better to do at work (believe you me, we have PLENTY of work to do), but this has been fun. And a welcome distraction from our typical stressful day.
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: