Friday, August 27, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANUCK!

I would like to wish my favorite Canadian a very happy birthday today. I'm not allowed to make fun of his age because he never hesitates to remind me that I am older than him. A-hole. I say that with much love and respect. No, really.

What else is going on? Folks, further signs that the world is about to end are appearing. Last night the Rams, yes, the St. Louis Rams, beat the Patriots. They've now won TWO games. Now, I realize it's just pre-season, but it's exciting nonetheless. Do you realize that in the last THREE seasons they have won six games......total??? That is worse than any Cubs season. For reals.

Um....let me tell you what it's like to live in Cardinal Nation right now. Remember how earlier in the year I was angry, depressed, bitter and pissed about the Cubs sucking so much ass? Well, welcome to St. Louis right now. I'm hearing statements such as "I'm never watching them again", "they suck", and "I hate them". People are moping around, sad, dejected, lost. Sound familiar Cubs fans? I know I've said and done all of those things at some point this season. Now, the Cards have essentially lost their shot at winning the division (although the Cubbies could help them out this weekend seeing as they're playing the Reds and all.....), but they are still only 1.5 back for the Wild Card and, really, does it matter how you get in? I think not.
I've got many options for weekend plans but I think I'm gonna go with my #1 choice...and that is, doing nothing. The thought of getting to sleep in tomorrow is what got me out of bed this morning. Feeling sinusy and headachy (ever since my Wednesday 4 mile jog, inhaling allergens is probably not the best thing for a girl whose allergy doc says is "severely allergic". Anyhoo....), I dragged myself out of bed, remembered it was Friday and gathered the strength to carry on. Two Diet Dr Peppers and several Advils later and I'm doing ok.
Work is serving us various desserts today, so, that's cool. I've enjoyed mental health worker appreciation week. We got the greatest gift of ALL TIME yesterday. There is a running joke in my office that you have to give up your first born child in order to get some office supplies. Seriously, you'd think the world's supply of staples is running out the way they ration them out. And post-its? Forget it. And who do I have to sleep with to get a hi-lighter around here? Geez. Well, yesterday, we all received this lovely little package containing: TWO hi-lighters (holla!), some pens with the company logo, some post-its, and.....the very best thing....OUR OWN BOX OF STAPLES. Really, they could have next told us we were all fired and we still would have been excited by this gift. In fact, I'm gonna lock my desk drawer so no one tries to steal my prized box of staples. Hands off!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Can you believe it's almost September? WTF?

No comments: