Friday, April 30, 2010

Penny Wars

We're actually having fun at work today...all in the name of a good cause!

We're trying to raise money for the American Heart Association, a cause that is near and dear to my, well, heart. So, my employer has decided to have Penny Wars. Pitting each of the teams against each other, the goal is to see who can get the most pennies. The fun comes in the form of this-all silver change counts against your team....so, each team is trying to sabotage the other. I dropped a fistful of quarters and dimes in another team's bucket this morning, complete with an evil laugh. This comes after the realization that my team, most likely, is going to come in last. Apparently dollar bills count for your team as well so for my team I forked over all the cash I had....a whopping $7.

It's pretty fun competing against each other. I believe the folks in our intake department are gonna win. They have stacks of penny rolls. Stacks. For reals. At least it's for a good cause! And hey, folks, if you're around STL Saturday, May 15, it's the Heart Walk at Busch Stadium. Last year was really fun, it's a 5K and your last lap you actually get to walk on the field! Pretty cool. Consider coming out!

2 comments:

Blue said...

Penny Wars sounds like fun. That Heart Walk would be cool to do, don't forget to take a picture of home plate, wasn't it at Busch Stadium where Theodore took out Molina? I wonder if you would get in trouble if you were to draw a human body outline with the #4 on it.....lol

KD said...

LMAO Blue-a chalk outline. That would be friggin hilarious! Sadly, they won't let us actually touch the field. we only get to walk around the dirt track that surrounds it. but i will walk by their dugout. maybe i'll spit on it. LOL!