Monday, April 05, 2010

OPENING DAY 2010!!!!!!!

Can I get a "HELL YEA"?????

It's Opening Day for baseball! They day I've waited for since, well, last October!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Yet again, I have blind optimism for my Cubbies this year (blind optimism is what makes us true Cubs fans), they looked great in Spring Training, the team seemed happier (and in some cases lighter-lookin at you Big Z and Geo!) and a very cohesive unit. They actually looked like they were having fun. I like that. And that Tyler Colvin kid? OMFG! He was amazing in ST and I can't wait to watch him play with the big boys (that sounded dirtier than I meant it to....). Yes, America's past time is back. 162 games ahead of us. The possibilities are still unknown. And the Cubs don't have the burden of being the NL Central "favorite" this season. No, that distinguished honor goes to the Cardinals and all I have to say about that is-good luck. Being the favorite the last two years sure didn't do the Cubbies any good, so have fun carrying that burden on your back, Dirty Birds. Oh, and tell Skip Schumaker I said hi.
The Cubbies open the season on the road against the Braves today at 3pm CST. I get off work at 4pm CST and will be rushing home to catch the rest of the game. Today is "baseball day" at work and, as expected, there is a freakin sea of red here in the office. Except for me. My Cubs love is subtle today, but still present. I opted to wear my brown Cubs t-shirt with the pink lettering and pink Cubs symbol. It's discreet, but still showin the love. I still want my free hotdog and chips for lunch today, you hear me people? Last year they tried to deny me entrance because of my Cubs love, but I persevered in the end. Just like the Cubs. You may try to hold them back or kick them when they're down, but they just keep coming back. And that's why I love them.
GO CUBS GO!

6 comments:

J.J. said...

HELL YEAH!!!


My word veri is "myono" which is pretty funny since I have a huge crush on Apollo Ono. hee hee.

Unlike many recent Monday's, I have a feeling this one is going to be great - even if I won't be able to see or hear the game today because I'll be at work, then off to Zumba at 5:00.

KD said...

I must confess I, too, have a crush on Apolo Ono. :)

JJ...how is Zumba? I've been thinking of trying it. Someday....right now gotta heal these damn shin splints. Ouch.

J.J. said...

I get shin splints too (I have stopped running on anything other than a treadmill and that really helped). Zumba does not seem to bother my shins. It is really fun, and if you like Latin music, even better! I feel like I'm on Dancing With the Stars but without the hot male dance partner and no stars. :-)

KD said...

So, in other words, it's almost exactly the same as Dancing With the Stars? ;)

The shin splints are even bothering me on the treadmill. It's now gotten to the point where it hurts to just walk. Me thinks that might be a problem. I was naive never having had them before. I thought the pain was just me being old...so I pushed through and ignored it. Wrong move.

Jen Estes said...

Hell yea!!!!! I can't wait to see our boys - and I might be calling dibs on Marlon Byrd's arms right now.


Word verif: noestd. (Sometimes Blogger really isn't subtle.)

KD said...

LMAO at the word verif! Blogger knows us so well....

Yea, I'm definitely not hatin Marlon Byrd so far. I'll give you dibs however since this Puma is laying claim on the jailbait Colvin. ;)