Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good!

I am very much looking forward to this weekend. Why? Because my little college crew and I are having a reunion....back in the town where we all met! Yay!

My college friends remain some of my favoritest people on the face of the Earth. We're all spread out across the country now (although a good chunk of us are still in various places in Missouri), so we don't get to see each other much. That's what will make this weekend so fun!

To commemorate the reunion, I took it upon myself to create a CD of songs from our college days (think mid to late '90's). I asked for input from everyone and I think I've come up with a good list. What I learned is that music back then was awesome, terrible and strange, all at the same time. I had a lot of fun putting it together. I took it one step further and decided I'd design the CD cover as well. I've never done anything like that, but how hard can it be, right? The program was fairly simple to follow, the hardest part was deciding on a design. I finally settled on one and have all the labels for Disc 1 printed and on the CD's. Yes, there is also a Disc 2. There was WAY too much music for just one CD! Disc 2's cover will be less detailed because I'm almost out of color ink and that shiz is expensive. ;)

I'm also unearthing the scrapbooks I made of our college days. That should be a riot to look at again.

It'll be great to reminisce about the "good ol days". Thanks to Facebook, we pretty much know what's going on with each other now, but hearing the stories of the past never get old. Those were, and continue to be, the best years of my life. Seriously. If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I wouldn't have been in such a rush to graduate in four years. ;)

No comments: