Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life is short

So much is going on with all the people around me that I'm thankful for my relatively boring life. Sure, I have a little work stress, but who doesn't?

I was saddened to hear that my brother's best friend Travis lost his mom yesterday. Travis is essentially part of the family-he and my brother were both in the teaching program in college. He came over frequently on Sundays to let Mom Davidson cook dinner for him. His mom had been in poor health for some time, but recently seemed to be making progress. She'd been in a wheelchair, but was working with physical therapy and was able to walk in a walker for his college graduation in May. Her new goal was to be able to walk on her own....for his wedding. Sadly, she will not physically be there for the July 9 wedding. That part breaks my heart.

My brother (and dad) are currently in Joplin doing tornado clean up. I know my brother wants to be home to be there for his friend, but he also has his own stuff going on....he has a for real job interview tomorrow!!! Please keep your fingers crossed! And my brother-in-law is waiting to hear some news of his own....fingers crossed for him as well!

Tomorrow is my mommy's birthday. I'm all the more grateful that I have her in light of Travis losing his. Life truly is short, people.

No comments: