Friday, June 24, 2011

The Cubs.....and yours truly, will be in Kansas City this weekend! Woot! Woot!

Whazzup, baseball fans? It's the weekend and yet another interleague series for the Cubbies. This time.....they're on the opposite side of the Show Me State in good ol' Kansas City. And I am making the 4 hour trek over there tomorrow. Woo!!! My trusty sidekick (and newly born-again Cubs fan) Robin will be with me. We are SO freakin excited!!!! I've got all my Cubs gear packed (a girl needs options), I'm getting new tires in the morning (an unfortunate necessity), getting snacky treats for the road, and we'll be off mid-morning or so. We'll be at both the Saturday and Sunday games (thanks for those free tickets Dave!) rooting on our boys in blue (well, "Cubbie" blue that is, no royal blue here!).
We will get to see Big Z pitch tomorrow night and Belleville's own Randy Wells on Sunday. Let's do this!!!

On top of all that fun, I was informed last night that my Uncle Jimmy's band got a last minute gig.....in Kansas City tomorrow night! Talk about timing! So, if Robin and I can brave downtown KC, we will be seeing my uncle play live. How cool is that?

GO CUBS GO! Let's bring home a winner!

No comments: