Friday, June 17, 2011

NO cowbell.

Happy Friday!

What's goin on? Crazy busy here. Don't get me wrong, I like having things to do, but sometimes I wish I could just have one weekend where all I had to do was sit and watch TV. Haven't had one of those in awhile and the next few weekends will be no exception.

Let's do a week wrap-up, shall we? This week my poor little favourite Canadian's Vancouver Canucks lost Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. I really wanted them to win for him, especially since he was at the game, but it was not to be. I know "at least your team made the playoffs" doesn't make you feel any better DT, but, well....at least your team made the playoffs. ;)

Yesterday was the 16th. Two months from that day is my sister's scheduled c-section and the birth of my new nephew! Although my sis tells me today that her mother's intuition tells her that the lil guy is coming early. I'd be ok with that, Aunt Heewi is VERY excited to meet him!

Funny Kendall story-they apparently had to take her to urgent care last night because they thought she had a spider bite. Before they left, however, she ran up to her room and insisted on wearing a fancy party dress to said urgent care.....and then she dressed herself. Ah, the fun dressing myself stage begins! That kid is a riot. Oh, and no spider bite, just an infected bug bite. :)

Cubs. They just took 3 of 4 from the 1st place Brewers. I'm still confused as to how that even happened. As are my peeps up in Milwaukee-talked to one today (the lady whose favorite player is Ryan Braun-yuck), she was none too happy about her team...BUT, at least the Cardinals got swept by the Nats, so....there's that.

The Cubbies play the mother effin Yankees this weekend. I'm sure that will be a real hoot. At least Jeter is out.

Speaking of the Cubbies, I don't know if I've mentioned that I'm going to see them in Kansas City next weekend. My friend Robin and I (who has become a very good student of the game, and now knows who the Hot Carlos is and that you shouldn't bring cowbells to baseball games) are headin across the state. Roadtrip! What's even cooler? We scored FREE tickets to the Sunday game. Apparently one of my old friends from college is a Royals season ticket holder and he contacted me on Facebook the other day (had no idea I was already going to be in town for the Sat game) and asked if I wanted his Sunday tix because he knows how much I love the Cubs (who DOESN'T know?) and he wasn't going to be able to use them. He refuses to let me pay for them...AND he gave me his parking pass. Um...AWESOME. I have awesome friends! So...TWO Cubbie games in a row. We are sooooo freakin excited!

I'm heading to Salem tonight after work. It's the Dent County Relay for Life tonight. Tomorrow my sis, BIL and niece are heading down as well to celebrate both Father's Day and our mom's birthday (it's on Wed). Should be a fun weekend!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! GO CUBS!

6 comments:

rp said...

What's wrong with the cowbell???

KD said...

there's nothing wrong with the cowbell, mon ami. I just don't think you're even allowed to bring a cowbell to MLB games....it's not like the barbaric hockey. ;)

rp said...

I wasn't allowed to bring my cowbell in to Game 7 :(

KD said...

Awwww...that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. :( (I'm being serious for reals). I know you were excited about the cowbell...

rp said...

I was none to happy when I thought they were gonna confiscate it. It cheered me up a little when I found out they could check it at guest services.

KD said...

Oh my. It would have been a real travesty if you lost your cowbell!!! ;)