Friday, June 03, 2011

Cubs-Cards weekend? Meh.

I can't seem to find the energy to make myself care.

My Cubbies are here this weekend playing the Cardinals, something I usually LOVE (no matter how good or bad either team is). But this time? The Cubs are SO depressingly bad (moreso than normal) that it's no longer fun to watch them. That, and like 95% of their roster is on the DL. There are a few bright spots-Castro and Barney are fun to watch, Tony Campana is too, but other than that, MEH.

The Cubs are starting a nine game road trip tonight. They will play the Cards, Reds and Phillies. They just got swept by the only NL team worse than them, so the likelihood of them going on an 0-12 streak is well, high. This team sucks, there's no other way to put it.

Luckily, to be somewhat put out of my misery, I'm going out of town tomorrow. I can't watch the trainwreck that is about to happen.........

No comments: