Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rant

I'm not one to spout off about the management of professional sports teams (mostly because I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about), but since I've been in a pissy-ass mood all week, I feel the need to speak up.

The Cubs general manager, Jim Hendry, needs to be fired. NOW. It's clearly evident he has no idea how to put together a semi-decent baseball team. Sure, he got lucky in the beginning and the Cubs went to the playoffs in 2007 and 2008, but that was nothing to do with him.

Do you see the team he puts out there every night? I mean, yes, I know, the Cubs are notorious for sucking, everyone on Earth knows this, but this is beyond sucking. This is just..........pathetic. Laughable. Embarrassing. You name the negative adjective and you got what the 2011 Cubs are.

Sure, there are some bright spots-watching Starlin Castro grow and develop into an All-Star caliber player has been fun, watching Carlos Pena finally start to hit homeruns like he's paid to do has been fun (and, hello, watching HIM has been fun, you know, because he's hot), Darwin Barney has been a nice surprise, Aramis Ramirez is actually having a decent year.....but that's really about it. Our closer never gets the opportunity to close because, well, the Cubs are never in the lead in the 9th. The "bullpen" is laughable at best. John Grabow? Jeff Samardjiza? These guys are our late inning hope? For serious? Oy. And don't get me started on the fools thrown out there to actually start-Rodigo Lopez and Doug "I'm actually 108 years old" Davis? Are you effin kidding me? No...sadly, they are not kidding, that is who they threw out there yesterday for a DOUBLE HEADER WITH THE DEFENDING WORLD SERIES CHAMPS. Yea, that seems like a good idea........

I'm not even mad that the Cubs suck horribly this year-we all knew they would-what I'm mad about is that this moron is allowed to continue to run this team. The Ricketts Family are quickly proving that they know nothing about owning a MLB team. I don't even think this is manager Mike Quade's fault-he's playing the hand he's been dealt......poor hairless bastard.

I don't even think landing Pujols or Fielder in the off-season will fix this team (and you know the Cubs management is gonna WAY over-pay for one of them. It's happening.).

I love, love, LOVE baseball. And I love, love, LOVE the Cubs. I always will. But it'd be nice to see them run like a big boy team and not a AAAA team.

That is all.

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said from hapless Hendry to the inept Ricketts (who not only know nothing about baseball, but I question their business intelligence -- the only reason they're rich is because they live off daddy's company).

I like to dream of an alternate reality wherein Mark Cuban purchased the team, made Ryno manager, instituted shirtless Wednesdays and we're 80-0.

KD said...

There needs to be rules about shirtless Wednesdays....like Mike Quade isn't allowed to participate, stuff like that.

r-diddy said...

shirtless Wednesday? sounds nice.

KD said...

shirtless Wednesdays could certainly ease the pain of watching this team.......

J.J. said...

I could not agree with you more, KD. In my alternate reality, Mark Cuban purchased the team, made Ryno manager, instituted shirtless Wednesdays, we're 80-0 and Ted's back!