Monday, April 11, 2011

My niece's 2nd birthday

Kendall, or "Hendall" as she now refers to herself, had a great 2nd birthday and party! I can't believe my favorite little munchkin is already two. It doesn't seem possible. I know I'm waaaay biased, but seriously, she is such a beautiful little girl-big blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. Her paternal grandpa Al says she's gonna be a heartbreaker. I think he may be right. She also might cause her daddy to get a few more gray hairs here in the coming years.....

Friday was her actual birthday. When I arrived at the house, she was standing in the window waiting for me. She gave me a big hug and was in QUITE the good mood. She had a t-shirt on that her Pam-maw (or as Kendall calls her "Pee Pee"....yes, it's hilarious) made her for her birthday. I asked her about her party at school-she and her little friends enjoyed a kosher cookie cake and they all sang happy birthday to her. I think she said it was fun, she may have just said "yea" to get me to leave her alone. We played in the basement until my parents and brother arrived (she was VERY excited to see her Uncle Tim...he may be her new favorite), and then headed out to dinner. She was in a great mood and even went up to a table of boys that were probably about 11 and she......danced for them (Um, see paragraph 1 and the part about causing her daddy gray hairs.....). My previous post detailed one of the most fun events-the announcement that Kendall is getting a little brother. But this night was still mostly about her. After dinner, we headed back to the house and let her open her presents. Now she was having a party on Saturday and my sis requested no presents, but of course, that excluded immediate family, so we did the present thing on Friday night. Kendall's Pam-maw and Papaw set her up with tons of clothes-super duper cute-that she got out of the bag and tossed on the floor. My parents got her a bunch of dress up stuff-princess dresses (with a Cinderella doll to match), purses and fake dress shoes. She LOVED the shoes. She was strutting around in these shoes that were way too big for her. Watching her try to walk in heels was absolutely hilarious. And then she insisted we all wear a pair as well....so yours truly got stuck wearing a red pair with Snow White on them. Hot, I know. She next opened part of the gift I got her-a mix of stuff. Her eyes lit up when she saw the Play-Doh (I'm sure her parents really appreciated it), she didn't so much care about the clothes, but the I'm a Big Kid Elmo book? I struck gold with that one. She stopped everything to sit down and look at  her Elmo book and tell us the names of all the characters in there. I also got her an adorable tricycle (with mom's blessing), she tried to stand on the box (I hear it is now together and she took it for a spin in the driveway...she also took it for a spin in the foyer but got in trouble for that....oops). She then moved on to her gifts from Uncle Tim...which included this way cool book about animals (she LOVES animals)...on each page was a pop-up pic of the animal...we all oohed and aahed about how cool it was...until she turned to the turtle page. All of us (Kendall included) were a bit startled as this giant 3-D turtle popped out at us-it was quite lifelike and just a little freaky.

Saturday was Kendall's party at the carousel, which, apparently, is THE place to have your two-year old's birthday party. She arrived in her adorable pink dress that her P am Maw made for her....she also had one of the purses my mom got her on her arm (quite the lady, don't you know). Kendall, for the most part, ignored everyone and just wanted to ride the "hor" (her word for horse and not, um, a lady of the night). Most family members took turns riding with her. Aunt Kerri was hoping to avoid getting on the carousel because I get motion sick very easily. I thought was in in the clear....however, little miss grabbed my hand and insisted I ride with her. Oh the things we do for those we love. Her party was a lot of fun, even the part where my brother-in-law's friends threatened me with their mob ties if I didn't tell them the gender of the baby. They found out soon enough anyway....my sis had arranged for the inside of Kendall's birthday cake (that was two-tiered and shaped like a carousel, by the way) to be dyed blue. Only it turned out kinda green, so no one actually got it, so they just had to announce they were having a boy.  This will be the 8th great-grandchild in our family and only the 2nd boy, so I'm sure my cousin's little guy Brayden is more than excited to have another dude in the family. :) I'm not sure how they're gonna top this party, it was a pretty good one.

Happy Birthday again to my favorite girl. I can't wait to see how much she changes this next year. She already looks bigger to me. :(

2 comments:

Blue said...

Wow! Two years old already, that was quick. It seems like it was just yesterday that she was born....tell her to slow down and not grow up so fast....lol

KD said...

I know Blue! I want her to stay little! But, at the same time, she's absolutely fascinating-I love watching her learn things, and hearing what comes out of her mouth-she's apparently verbally advanced, according to her doctor. I mean, DUH. ;)