Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm guessing having the urge to stab something (or someone) is not what Good Friday is really all about......

I'd say Happy Good Friday to you all, but it's really not so much a "happy" event. So how bout Happy Earth Day? What are we supposed to do on Earth Day? Anything in particular? I threw a cardboard box in the recycle bin today, does that count?

My co-worker Jeff said it best this morning when he said "when is it going to end?". He's referring to our hella ridiculous workload. For weeks now, we've received empty promises that it's gonna get better, that management is working on a solution, that they are full of crap. That last statement is the only thing that's true. It has NOT gotten better and they have NOT offered us a solution. Now, I'm trying to be all Pollyanna around the office and not dissolve into tears from the sheer volume of stress, but it's getting harder and harder everyday. People that normally don't crack under pressure are......cracking under pressure. Somethings gotta give or we are all gonna become the patients we serve. For serious.

Let's focus on the positive, shall we? It's Easter weekend and my parents will be in town. I think we may be helping out at my sister and brother-in-law's new house tomorrow, helping them get it move-in ready. That, and I have to bring Kendall her Easter basket. I think she's getting 4 total. Lucky kid. Man, life is gonna get expensive when 2.0 comes along....I mean, I have to spoil him equally as much as I do Kendall. It's only fair. And my job as the aunt. Tonight I'm having dinner with my Aunt Diane and cousin Jackie at the greatest pizza place in the world....Pirrone's. Going there and then to church is my Good Friday tradition, only, typically I go alone. It'll be nice to have some company this year!

Happy Easter to you (if you believe in such a thing). I expect it to be standing room only at church on Sunday.......

No comments: