Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Hendall

Happy Hump Day y'all!

I have a bunch of random stuff floating through my head today. It's been a rough week at work. For reals. Monday we were four people short, Tuesday we were three people short. And my boss hasn't been to work since last Thursday-she apparently has pleurisy. Do people really get that? Apparently. Given work is already overwhelming when we are fully staffed, you can imagine how stressful the last two days have been. But, I am happy to report, I've done it all with a smile on my face. Sometimes it was forced, but I haven't had one meltdown. Haven't dissolved in tears once (unless you count when I was watching Dancing With the Stars, but that's a whole 'nother story.). Haven't gotten mad, or irritable, or frustrated. I decided to put my big girl pants on and tackle the workload head on. My teammates and I (the few that were actually at work this week) banded together and made it through. Today we are only down one person (maternity leave), so I'm hoping things will be better. That, and I'm off on Friday so today is like my  Thursday.

Why am I off on Friday? Well, in my profession, you are made to acquire CEU hours every two years in order to keep your license (trainings and stuff), so I have a delightful 8 hour training on Friday (sucks, but still better than actually being at work)  and then...and then..........

Friday is Kendall's SECOND BIRTHDAY! I cannot believe my favorite little munchkin is already 2! I'm gonna get sappy here-having her in my life has been the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. For realsies. That kid is amazing. She is having a birthday party on Saturday at the carousel (it is THE birthday hot spot for the toddler set here in the STL), but on her actual birthday,  both sets of grandparents, me and her Uncle Tim are all meeting up to see  her and give her her presents. AND......on top of that, I believe my sis and brother-in-law will finally reveal the gender of 2.0. I have my suspicions. They have known for a week now, and have been very good about not slipping and giving it away-kudos guys! The gender really doesn't matter to me, I just want to know so I can stop calling 2.0 "it". "It" is not a nice thing to call a child.

Kendall is very excited about her party. She's a big fan of parties and I'm sure once she realizes this one is all about her, she's gonna ham it up. Should be fun!!! Also exciting, she has finally started saying her own name! She's been calling herself "you"-this is our fault. You see, every time we'd look at pictures, we'd say "Kendall, that's you!"....well, she took that literally and has called herself "you" ever since. Until this week. Now she is apparently calling herself "Hendall". Still struggling with the "K" sound (she's still calling me Heewi), but I love that she's figured this out! She's just plain fascinating. Saturday she said the word "pyramid". That seems to be a pretty big word for a 2 year old, but she said it crystal clear (it was during a fascinating episode of Dora). She also said "sandbox". I was amazed, for real.

So, lots of fine family fun coming up this weekend. I can't wait to celebrate our girls' big day! And find out if she's getting a little brother or a little sister. Exciting stuff people!

No comments: