Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have no shame.........

Yes, that is my knee. Isn't it pretty? Kinda looks like someone took a baseball bat to it, huh?
This injury is the result of my fall at a local grocery store on Saturday. My mom and I ran to the store Saturday morning and, as we were on our way out, yours truly slipped and fell. Turns out, there was a puddle of water where water shouldn't have been...and that's what I slipped on. My mom ran for the manager because I couldn't get up-I was in shock at first and wasn't sure of the extent of the injury. You should have seen the look on the manager's face, she was totally like "aw hell, she's gonna sue us". I was helped up and was able to walk. She made sure I had her name and store number just in case I needed to go to the doctor. It really didn't hurt much at first, surprisingly. Saturday night it was a bit swollen and gushy when you touched it, but by Sunday that was gone. The bruise probably looked it's prettiest yesterday-as seen above. Yesterday my leg started aching a bit-not enough that I couldn't walk-but aching nonetheless. Today, the bruise is very, very sore, and my knee is stiff, I think because it's healing. I don't think I'll need the doctor, but I wanted to share my totally bad ass bruise. :)

6 comments:

Jen Estes said...

That is awful!!!! If you do sue, will you buy the Cubs? (By "Cubs", of course I mean, Sean, Rami & Pena.)

KD said...

Think I could afford Jailbait too? We could share him.

Jen Estes said...

I'll chip in. That 401K is just sitting there anyway.

KD said...

Awesome! I can't wait to, um, purchase our boys! I'd ask what we're gonna do with them, but this is a family show..... ;)

Blue said...

Next time be sure to wear you catchers gear in case you slip and fall again. Hope your knee is better.

KD said...

what's disturbing is that is just the part of the bruise that showed up on camera. It was much ickier than that. But is now starting to heal...knee is still stiff today but I'm gonna attempt to work out today. Wish me luck!