Monday, April 11, 2011

2.0 is a.............

I'll write a separate post later about Miss Kendall's 2nd birthday, but for now, 2.0 has the spotlight. On Friday, my sis and brother in law finally let the cat out of the bag. In approximately 19 weeks, I'm gonna have a.........................NEPHEW! Yes, 2.0 is a boy! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, you have no idea. One of each? Perfect. Now I don't have to play favorites-I can have a favorite niece and a favorite nephew. Easy. :)

So, how'd they tell us? My sis informed me beforehand that they weren't creative, but they did tell us in a creative way-even if they stole the idea.

On Friday, I called my sis to see what time she'd be home, I was already in the neighborhood and planned to head over as soon as she was home. She was stuck in traffic and a bit stressed that she may not make it to the bakery before it closed (she'd ordered cupcakes for Kendall's birthday), I offered to go get them for her...she was like "no, no, I should be able to make it" and left it at that.

Fast forward to Kendall's birthday dinner. As we were sitting there, it dawned on me. I whispered to my brother "I think the cupcakes have something to do with 2.0, somehow that's how they're going to tell us", because all through dinner, no one mentioned 2.0. So....after dinner, my sis went to open the box of cupcakes. I was sitting right next to them, hoping to get the first glance....I did, and what I saw was a dozen cupcakes with green icing. Guess I was wrong......right? Well after we sang "happy birthday" to little miss, my brother-in-law's dad cut his cupcake open and was showing Kendall that the middle had icing in it-totally oblivious mind you-and my sister said with great emphasis "yea, what.color.is.the.middle". That's when yours truly caught on, spotted the BLUE icing and I looked at my sis and said "is 2.0 a boy?". Then a bit of chaos ensued as everyone else slowly figured it out. YAY! I'm soooo, sooo excited! On Saturday, after all of Kendall's birthday festivities were over with, my mom and I headed to Carter's and started loading up on baby boy stuff...fun, fun, fun! This little guy is already loved soooooo much. I can't wait to meet him!

No comments: