Friday, February 18, 2011

Who takes the calls at the crisis line when the building has been evacuated?

The answer would be........no one. Yea, so right around 5pm last night, the fire alarm went off at the crisis line (5pm being one of the busiest times) and the building had to be evacuated. I had to hang up on my caller (sorry bout that). They have a plan in place with these cordless phones that supposedly can connect to our call queue so we can keep taking calls even as the building is aflame. These cordless phones have not worked the entire 10 years I've worked there. Just sayin.

Because I'm an a-hole, I took a picture of the fire truck (of course I did!). I'm sad to report that none of the firefighters were hot (believe you me, I looked), but one was carrying a big stick and the other had a ladder that was pretty cool. I wanted to re-enter the building via the ladder but apparently that's frowned upon. Anyhoo....the building was not actually on fire (even as second fire truck showed up...really?), I have no idea what actually happened, but we were outside in the 70 degree weather for a good half hour. SWEET. I swear I didn't pull the fire alarm.......

4 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Not a single hot firefighter? I swear, where do our tax dollars go?!

I can't believe you had to hang up on your caller! I picture him saying something like, "I feel like nobody's ever listening...Hello? Hello?" (Actually I'm pretty sure that was an episode of Frasier.)

KD said...

LOL! I know! I did make sure real quick like that she wasn't suicidal, and I did call her back once we were allowed back in the building.
I'm thinking of suing that particular municipality for the lack of hot firefighters. The cop wasn't cute either. EPIC FAIL ST LOUIS.

luvrob said...

whiskey tango foxtrot! what a disappointment. Remember those hottie cops down on Beale Street?

Blue said...

So what or should I say "who" was the cause of the alarm?...lol....cough kd cough cough.