Thursday, February 17, 2011

Old age sucks

People, I tossed and turned all night last night thanks to some annoying lower back pain. And this morning? Well, I can't look down without it triggering pain on my lower left back. Awesome. WTH? I even stretched before hitting the treadmill yesterday. I did what I was supposed to do. My only conclusion is that this must be chalked up to old age. And I want to kick it in the face. It started last week when I was sick ON MY BIRTHDAY. I mean, what better way to say "hey, you're middle aged now, congrats". And now the back pain. I'm waiting for the wrinkles to take over-I don't really have any yet, but with the way things are going, it's inevitable I'd say.

Luckily, I still had one Skelaxin left from the time I had a stiff neck, so I took it this morning and while it is helping the pain a bit, it is also making me nauseated and drowsy. Um...I'm at work, so that strikes me as not good. Oh well, perhaps it will also numb the pain that is this week. Every day has sucked ass. Today is no exception.

I need to go walk around. Later.

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hey KD, I hope your back is better. Some say stretching before any exercise is bad, due to the cold muscles. Some say it's good, so who knows. Maybe some chocolate will work.

KD said...

I'm falling apart, Blue! Ha! Getting old is awesome.

Jen Estes said...

Poor KD. Maybe you slept wrong. Or stretched wrong. Or treadmill'd wrong. But you are definitely not old. You know how I know? Because as long as there's Cubs older than us, we can't be old. (And Fonzy's got two weeks on you...and we have him 'til 2014. Helloooo Fountain of Youth!)

KD said...

Haha! But jen, I found myself calling a 24 year old a kid the other day.....someone just get me my Geritol and rocking chair right now.....