Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I got to spend the weekend with all the people I love most, did you?

Friday night we went to the Blues game. Thanks to my friend Allison for pooping out on us, we ended up with an extra ticket....so my brother-in-law and niece got to go with us! Yay! It was Kendall's first hockey game, and I'm pretty sure she loved it. She was so cute in her Blues jersey yelling "Go Blues!" and doing the power play dance with us (I can't really describe the dance, you'd just have to see it). She was high-fiving the guy in front of us every time the Blues scored. Alas, they ended up losing in a nine round shootout, but it was still so much fun!

Saturday, my sis, bro-in-law, nieces (Kendall and the furry niece Chloe), and I headed down to Salem to see the fam. No one makes me laugh harder than these people. There were times at dinner when we were all laughing so hard we were crying. LOVE IT! Kendall, of course, entertained us, especially when trying to say my name, my brother's name and Grandma. I can't even put into type how she says "grandma". As for Aunt Kerri, we think she has settled on something that sounds like "Kelly". And for my brother, we think she was calling him Todd, which is funny since his name is Tim. :)  At one point, we swear she called me "Kitty" and called Tim "Donald", which of course made us laugh the entire weekend. Everytime Tim talked we were like "whatever, Donald". Ok, guess you had to be there. ;) Kendall helped my mom and I make my birthday cupcakes-they turned out pretty good!

Yesterday after dinner we headed back to the STL....maybe leaving right after dinner wasn't the best idea because yours truly got carsick. Like for reals. I was praying to God, Jesus, Tom Cruise, ANYONE to not throw up in the car. I was devising in my head a plan in the event that I was not able to hold it. Luckily, I was able to until we hit the next town and I was able to take care of business at some skanky small town gas station. UGH. There is a big difference between feeling a bit nauseated and knowing you're about to hurl. You're welcome for the visual.

My niece broke my heart as I left their house to go to my own last night. First I hear her upstairs yelling "Kelly!", so I went up to say bye to her and she says "no bye bye" and pointed to my shoes and said "boot off" (if shoes are off, that means you're staying). Then, THEN, she tried to take my keys from me! Kid was serious. I love that she wants her Aunt "Kelly" around though. We're good buddies. Is it sad for my best friend to be a 22 month old? She's pretty much the coolest person I've ever met.

Today is Valentines Day. While I don't have a "valentine" per se, I do have a lot of people that I love and that I'm pretty sure love me. So....Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

Oh and the best-PITCHERS AND CATCHERS HAVE REPORTED. I repeat-PITCHERS AND CATCHERS HAVE REPORTED. Yay! Baseball is coming!!!!! I don't even care if my team is gonna yet again be mediocre (at best), I just so excited for my favorite sport to start. Oh, and looks like Albert Pujols is gonna hit the free agent waters. People in STL are freaking the hell out, and rightly so. I know a lot of my fellow Cubs fans are drooling over the prospect of AP wearing blue pinstripes next season. I, oddly enough, am not one of them. Would it be awesome to have the greatest baseball player that ever played the game be on my team? Of course. But here's the deal-Albert Pujols is a Cardinal. He should remain a Cardinal. That's just the way it is. So to Cards management-just get it the F done already. Thanks.

1 comment:

Blue said...

Sounds like you had blast with your family, that is very cool. How cute that Kendall did not want you to leave, to take your boots off, she is very observant.
Pitchers and Catchers, it won't be long now before the friendly confines are filled with the best fans in the world.