Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ice? What ice?

So, apparently the roads iced up overnight. Who knew? Apparently no one, cuz there were roughly 2,000 accidents on St.Louis roads this morning. Give or take a few. Including a 23 car pile up on EB Hwy 40. Yikes. I heard on the radio that my usual route was closed on both sides of the highway (never good), so I took an alternate route to work today. As I was sitting in traffic there as well, totally rocking out to a Goo Goo Dolls song that was on the radio (don't judge, you know you would have been singing it too), I hear someone honking. I looked up and who do I see in the lane next to me but my sister and my niece! How funny is that??? My sis said that after they got off on their exit, Kendall was asking for me, my sister told her that Aunt Kerri had to go to work and my little munchkin said "Kewwi no work no". HOW CUTE IS THAT?????? Seriously.Love.That.Kid.

And I'd much rather hang out with my niece than be at my place of employment. Especially this week. Monday was a typically busy Monday, no surprises there, but yesterday? Yesterday was as busy as Monday with the added bonus of everything going wrong. So much so that at one point, I literally burst into tears. For reals. Stress and hormones do not mix, my friends. I didn't get home until 7pm (after leaving work I then got stuck in hockey game traffic...and the Blues didn't even have the courtesy to win. Rude). Today? Well, I was hoping for a better day...but then I got to work and found out our voicemail system was down. Let me tell you why that's a big deal-WE DO ALL OF OUR WORK VIA VOICEMAIL. This did not bode well for the rest of the day. The good news is, it was up and running again around 11:30 or so, so we only lost half a day of productivity.....yes, I say "only" sarcastically. I'm just about caught up, so I'm hoping the next three hours go by uneventfully. Oh, and for those that follow me on Facebook...I got my hot pink bat back. :)

Let's talk baseball. This Cubs fan is truly saddened to hear that the Cardinals Adam Wainwright may have to have TJ surgery and miss the 2011 season. I don't like to hear about anyone getting hurt. And I imagine if the Cubs actually had an Ace, it would suck to lose him. I'm already reading on various web sites and blogs that people are excited about this and feel this ups their teams chances of winning the division. True, it's a huge blow to the Cardinals, but I would never celebrate the loss of a player due to a season ending injury. That's not cool. And besides, Wainwright or not,  the Cubs will still end up in 3rd or 4th place, so..........

1 comment:

Blue said...

That was cool that your sis and Kendall were next to you in traffic. I bet that she wanted to go with you very badly...lol
That sucks about Wainwright. Redbird or not, I don't like to see any player have to go through that.