Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Best.Birthday.Ever.


OMG. My friend Robin truly loves me!


Happy birthday to me!!!!! Two great things have happened thus far today-one, I arrived at work to find a pinata hanging outside my cubicle. WITH A BAT. Sweet ass sweet. And it's stuffed with Jolly Ranchers. Thanks Rob, you are the BESTEST!!!!!!!!!!! The other is that my supervisor for reals believed me when I told her I was 29 today! LMAO! Now she's mad at me for lying to her, but whatever.

Truth is folks, I'm 35 today. How the F did that happen? I swear to Baby Jesus that I skipped a couple of years or something. No idea how this occurred. However, I'm not wallowing in self pity about it. I'm happy, healthy, and have some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for. I also have the most amazing family.....I've got no complaints. Except for the cold I have.

Yes, I tried to pretend that the non-stop sneezing on Monday was nothing-I'd been around a cat on Sunday, surely that was it. Um.....no. By yesterday afternoon, I was still sneezing and so congested I could barely hold my head up. I got home around 6:30pm, and proceeded to have cherry NyQuil for dinner. I hurridly took a shower, ate dinner and did some laundry before it kicked in. I slept for a couple of hours but woke up feeling as if someone had punched me in the face-total sinus pressure. I stumbled around looking for some Advil. Hot mess. That's me.

So, today, despite my NyQuil hangover, I'm determined to have a good day. I'm having dinner with two of my favorite girls tonight-my sis and munchkin niece, we're going to the Blues game on Friday for my birthday and then on Saturday my sis, bro-in-law, niece and I are driving to Salem to see my parents and brother and to celebrate my birthday with them. Sounds perfect.

I'll post pics later after I beat the shit out of that pinata! HOLLA!

1 comment:

Blue said...

Happy Birthday! and swing for the ivy!....lol