Friday, February 25, 2011

TCB

Kids, I'm TCB'in over here.

Ok, so for the last few months (since April 2010, really), I have been incredibly stressed at my job. Both jobs. Y'all know I work in mental health. And with the state of the world, the economy, etc, there's a lot of crazy folks out there. A LOT. Meaning, my job has been quite, quite busy with no let up in sight. You also know I work two jobs. Well, friends, KD is BURNT OUT. Done. But I can't really afford to quit my part-time job quite yet, so I was in a quandry. What to do? Not much is gonna change at my full time job, I just have to suck it up buttercup. BUT, perhaps I could do something about my part time job. I put my big girl pants on yesterday and asked to speak to my supervisor. I told her all of the above and also stated that I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to quit,  but that I needed a break. Granted, I'm only there 4 hours a week, but coupled with about 50 at my full timer, it's a lot. And I'm tired. And old. And cranky. She told me she'd talk to the director and get back to me.

Well, she said because I've been there for 10+ freakin years, I'm a bit "special" (I asked if she meant special in the head....she said no), and that they would be willing to work something out because they don't want me to quit. So.......effective next week, I am only going to work every other Thursday. Yep, a whopping 8 hours a month. It won't be all that profitable, BUT, it may save my sanity. If it means eating ramen noodles for a while then I'm fine with that.  We are going to revisit the arrangement in April and see where I'm at them. I'm incredibly grateful for their willingness to work with me on this. I guess sticking it out for a freakin decade was worth something.

No comments: