Friday, December 17, 2010

Woody is coming home!

It appears Kerry Wood is coming back to where his MLB career began (and will probably end). Sources say Woody and the Cubs have agreed to a 1 year, $1.5 million deal that will bring Kid K home where he belongs. I see no negatives with this move. For the Cubs, they get a solid setup man for Marm and at a relatively cheap price and for Woody, he gets to come back to the team that he started his career with, which is apparently his preference because he and his wife make their home in Chicago. Win-win. I'm excited to have him back. He didn't look good in that nasty Yankee uniform.

3 comments:

Blue said...

All we need now is for him to change his name to Carlos...lol.

word verf....weedie (aka Geo Soto)

KD said...

LMAO at the word verif! Poor Geo will never live that down. Not if we have anything to say about it! ;)
Surely the Cubs can land another Carlos or two before Opening Day.....

Blue said...

I wonder if Carlos Lee is available. I love watching him interact with the fans in the outfield, that is something I would do if I played MLB.