Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Vaca round up and.....Riot traded to the Cardinals? LMFAO!

Why is it that the weeks drag on and on, but a week of vacation flies by? It's not nice. So, I was on vacation all of last week.I was actually in my hometown from 11/19 to 11/28. And I miss it already. Work sucks. Just sayin. I had a great time off.....saw the new Harry Potter movie with my brother, attended a surprise 30th birthday party for my brothers BFF, Travis (also known as "other little brother") and had lots of QT with the fam.

My dad accused me of sleeping until noon every day-in reality it was like 8:30, but to him that is noon since, for reasons unknown, he gets up at the butt crack of dawn. You're retired, sleep in already! :) We put up the Christmas tree together and on Tuesday I went with my dad to help out at their church getting meals together for needy kids in the area. I, on more than one occasion, attempted to go for jog.....not real easy on gravel, folks. Just sayin. Oh, and I had to wear a hunters orange vest. True story. You see, it was still deer season last week and my father was concerned I'd be a moving target while jogging.....so he made me wear this hideous orange hunters vest. I, of course, took a pic of me in it and posted it on Facebook because, why not? It was funny. And I'm happy to report that I did not get shot. Amen.

We actually went to St. Louis for Thanskgiving Day. We went up early so we could spend time with my sis, brother-in-law and niece. That Kendall is a piece of work. She is so cute and so funny...and a blessing for all of us. I'm telling you, a silly toddler who likes to put smily face stickers on her (and your!) face is sure to cure what ails you! Turkey Day dinner was at my Aunt Cheryl's house....everything was great (I even tried the duck and it was YUM!), including the wine we drank from the glasses that were as big as our heads. I got some QT with some of my baby cousins which was way fun...and watched some of the kids learn how to gamble (my aunt has a working slot machine at her house). You're never too young to develop a gambling habit, I always say. ;)

Last weekend was fun because my sis, brother-in-law and wild child niece came to Salem so we could all celebrate my dad's birthday. Yep, dad turned the big 6-0 on Monday....we knew he wouldn't like a huge party, so we had a low key weekend. We had a 2nd turkey dinner on Sat (because my brother's employer gave him a turkey....) and a birthday cake that said "Happy Birthday PawPaw" (awwww!). Instead of a big material gift, my siblings, mom and I donated money to my dad's favorite charity benefiting the people in Haiti and presented him with a nice certificate they sent us letting him know the money was donated in his honor. Pretty cool.......and I think he really liked it. Of course, let's not kid ourselves, what he liked most was having his grandbaby there. I mean, she LOVES her pawpaw! Even wakes up from her naps saying "pawpaw? pawpaw?". The feeling is certainly mutual.

Man, 19 month olds are fun! Of course we think Kendall is the greatest, smartest, funniest, most beautiful little girl we've ever seen (bias aside, she may truly be all of the above). She certainly entertains us all. And now I must publicly apologize to my sister and brother-in-law, for I didn't know what the consequences of my actions would be. So....I bought my niece this cute pair of jammies that have Dora the Explorer on them. I was going to give them to her for Christmas, but she found them last weekend and ran down the hall with the box yelling "Dora!" repeatedly.....so I just went ahead and gave them to her. Well.....apparently every day since then she has insisted on wearing them....and when my sis laid out other jammies last night, Kendall threw them in the hamper, went to her dresser and demanded "Dora!". They also have to wrestle them off of her in the mornings when they're trying to get her dressed. Uh oh......Aunt Kerri is sorry! It should also be noted that my mom needs to find better hiding places for her Christmas gifts because Kendall discovered the tent/tunnel-thingy my mom got her....that has Dora on it (of course) and she proceeded to drag it out of the closet and yelled "Dora!" . Ya think the kid likes Dora?

Anyhoo....Sunday we watched the Rams game, although my brother-in-law and I had to leave at halftime to get back to STL....so we got to hear (not see) the Rams nearly give up a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter. I felt like hurling which wouldn't have been a good thing considering I was driving, so it's a good thing they held on to win. They are now 5-6 and..........in first place in their division. I'm happy and sad all at the same time.

So, on to other matters. Yesterday it was announced that the Cardinals had traded Blake Hawksworth (a cutie) for Ryan Theriot....former Cub. Now, don't get me wrong, Riot seems like a great guy and he's pretty cute....but he is a mediocre short stop at best. I find it entertaining that Cardinals Nation thinks this is an awesome trade and they're all excited about him because he's "fast". Yes, the Ragin Cajun may have some wheels, however, you may also want to count up the number of base running mistakes he makes throughout the season. It's staggering, I can assure you. And if you're a fan of singles, he's your guy because he ain't hitting anything for extra bases, I can tell you that right now. One Cubs blog even suggested that this trade made the odds of the Cubs beating the Cards a little bit better now....which made me LMAO. Yes, congrats Cards, you have yourself an average (at best) shortstop who will hit maybe .275-.280 for you, he will have no homeruns and will have about a million singles. And a lot of outs caused by baserunning errors. Um.....good luck with that.

No comments: