Monday, December 27, 2010

So proud of our Rams!

I realize to most people, a 7-8 record is not considered good. I get it. You've lost more than you've won. HOWEVER.....when that 7-8 record belongs to a team that went 1-15 last season, it sounds downright impressive. And this is where we find ourselves with the St. Louis Rams. A team that could actually make the playoffs. Seriously. I'm not gonna say next weekend's game with the Seahawks is a guaranteed win, especially given the Rams history of not playing well there, BUT, you gotta like their chances. The Seahawks lately look like your 10 year old's peewee football team could beat them. While not perfect by any means, the Rams looked pretty good yesterday, beating the 49ers (and as I correctly predicted, the Niners head coach Mike Singletary was fired after the game).

It's well documented that I love Rams QB Sam Bradford. In fact, all of St. Louis does. However, my favorite Ram is wide receiver Danny Amendola. And not just because he's hot (and he's really, really hot ladies!). I think he's been the best player on the team...he's been consistent throughout the entire year. He's so little and feisty out there-I love it! And yesterday he played his little heart out. That 86 yard punt return had me jumping up and down in my grandpa's living room-for reals!

I'm realistic enough to know that IF the Rams manage to get into the playoffs, they will probably lose their first game as they will most likely be playing the Saints and, well, the Saints are the reigning Super Bowl champs, but still.....if you had told me a year ago that the Rams would even be fighting for a playoff spot this year, I'd have told you you're nuts. So, no matter what happens next Sunday, we need to be proud of what our team has accomplished this year!

Exciting times in STL kids, exciting times!

No comments: