Thursday, December 09, 2010

Is it just me......

.....or does Cubs new 1st baseman, Carlos Pena, look like Nelly (the rapper from St Louis)?

Carlos Pena in the middle of a douchebag sandwich (agent Scott Boras and Cubs GM Jim Hendry)

I mean, seriously? To be honest, I don't know much about the guy, I hear he has mad crazy power but also batted under .200 last year. The 1 year, $10 million deal sounds horrendous, but it should be noted that half that money is backloaded, so it's not like he's getting all that this season. Hendry's known for some boneheaded signings....but this appears to be a decent one. The next rumor is that they are looking to get Matt Garza from the Rays. I'm on board with this. But, you know what? I'm also on board with them giving Brandon Webb a chance. Sure, he hasn't played in nearly two years, but, and this is a big BUT, if he can return to his 2008 form,  it'd be an absolute steal for any team that is willing to give him a chance. The Cubs are gonna suck in 2011, so really, they have nothing to lose.

For you Cubs fans fantasizing about Albert Pujols becoming a Cub....don't hold your breath. The Cardinals will find a way to get him signed for life. If they don't, I will be absolutely shocked. Also, the Red Sox are gonna be crazy good next year. That is all.

No comments: