Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My niece is 20 months old today!

Wow, she is closing in on 2!!! How did that happen? Our girl is getting so big. I hate that she's growing up so fast but at the same time, I am fascinated by all the things she is learning...on a daily basis. She is definitely more interractive now-she can tell you what she wants. She still prefers to grunt and point at things, so you have to make her use her words, but she is definitely coming along. She still can't (or won't, we're not sure) say my name, her Uncle Tim's name, or her grandmas names. But she did poke me in the chest and call me "meee" on Sunday. It's a start. She LOVES her pawpaws-all of them. It's very cute to watch her with MY grandpa (who she also calls "pawpaw"). She loves to run up to him at church and give him a big hug. Repeatedly. Melts my  heart every time. She is SUCH a funny kid and I think she knows how charming she is. She still loves, loves, LOVES football and also hockey (when she sees it she yells "booooooz" for "Blues", and given how they've been playing of late, the "boo" part is appropriate....). Aunt Kerri is babysitting tomorrow night and I can't wait to hang with my favorite munchkin! I also can't wait for Christmas. The bulk of what I've purchased is for her, of course. It's so much fun buying kiddo stuff! :)

No comments: