Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy 83rd Birthday, Grandpa!

Folks, today is my beloved Grandpa's birthday, send him some love, would ya? He's 83 and, all things considered, in pretty good health for an 83 year old. Sure, he talks too loud at church because he can't hear...and he tells the same stories over and over and over again....but, he's otherwise healthy as a horse. Although he did tell us last weekend that he does NOT want to live to be 100. Um.....ok.

My Grandpa is my favoritest guy on Earth. I am so blessed to be able to spend most Sunday's with him. Although he drives me crazy sometimes, I try to remind myself to treasure those moments because they won't last forever. So, if he wants to rant about Reggie Jackson-I let him. If he wants to rant about how the Droid phone can kill you-I let him. If he wants to rant about how stupid it is that people make birth announcements online and how back in his day people actually picked up the phone-I let him. My Grandpa is hilarious and super cute (just ask the old ladies at church that fawn all over him-"Oh Bob, you're so funny!". Gag me.). I hope Grandpa has an amazing birthday and I hope we have many more with him. Maybe even to 100. :)

3 comments:

Blue said...

Your Grandpa sounds like someone I would love to hang out with. I hope that he had a great birthday.

KD said...

Blue, he apparently stayed in the house and worked on his stamp collection all day, since apparently anyone that left their house yesterday was a "dumbass" (his word, not mine). We had an ice storm and so, really he's kinda right. :)

He is endlessly entertaining, I will give him that. :)

Blue said...

I would have stayed home as well and worked on my baseball cards. I used to collect stamps when I was a kid, until a house fire took care of that.