Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas came early!

Had a great weekend at home with my family! We had our little family Christmas on Saturday. My brother has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so we decided to bring Christmas to him....a week early.

Of course, the part we most looked foward to was my niece's reaction to the whole thing. At 20 months, she was more apt to "get it" than she was last year. And "get it" she did. Once she realized how fun opening presents was, she was on it. One gift was a bunch of clothes and she took them out of the box saying "oooooooo!" (she's totally a girl, huh?). When she discovered the Elmo book I got her, she yelled "Momo" repeatedly and she insisted on having all of her Little People stuff opened. But....the greatest gift for her by far was the Dora tent/tunnel thingy my parents got her. When she opened the box, she yelled "Dowa, Dowa, Dowa!" and we had to immediately get it out of the box and set it up for her. They have something similar at her day care and she apparently loves it. Now she has her own.....and absolutely loved it. I won't lie, I think we all enjoyed it and her daddy and grandpa even got inside it with her (which she really didn't like. She yelled at her daddy......). SO much fun!

I got some awesome gifts from the fam, it was just a great weekend overall....yay! Now we have Christmas Eve with the extended fam on my mom's side and Christmas Day with my dad's side. Love fine family fun!

Happy Christmas Week!

No comments: