Monday, July 20, 2009

Revisiting toilet-talkers

I hate to have to bring this disturbing subject up again, but it continues to amaze me. You know them, you've heard them-the people that TALK ON THEIR PHONES WHILE THEY'RE SITTING ON THE TOILET. I apologize in advance if you are one of those people......today was a new low. There was a woman in the stall next to me just chatting away on her phone to God knows who. But the best part? She was, uhm, oh, how do I say this politely? Aw, screw polite...the lady was taking a s**t and talking on the phone!!!!! I have reached a new level of horrified-ness. Oh.My.God. Does that stuff really happen? WTF kind of place do I work in?

10 comments:

kristy said...

Oh no, it happens at my work too, and i work at the freaking HEALTH DEPT!!! And its communicable disease staff that are the culprits! I can't explain it.

ern said...

kerri, why are you continuously surprised by our coworkers' bathroom behavior? you should not be surprised after the poo on the floor debacle...nothing can surprise me anymore after that incident.

Jen Estes said...

Yeah KD, I think it's going to be pretty hard to top the floor turd. I hate toilet talkers too though...I always hope they'll drop their phone in the toilet (which surely has happened, right?).

KD said...

yea, you're right the floor turd is tops. it was probably a toilet talker that did it. and what about the hole that was in the wall? i mean, seriously? there are some f'ed up people around here....and sis, the fact that health dept people do it horrifies me even more. people are disgusting. :)

kristy said...

My buddies at SCC well remember the non-flusher with foamy pee. We only had one staff bathroom and we had it narrowed down to a one of the few males in the building b/c there was never any TP in the bowl along with said foamy pee. Angry signs over the toilet did not deter this person.

KD said...

LOL LOL LOL! Sis, you crack me up!!! That TOTALLY sounds like boy pee.... :)

Blue said...

LMAO.....this is so funny....lol.
I personally would say something to the person yapping away on the phone, but that's the Gemini in me talking...lol

KD said...

Blue, you have no idea.....apparently these people were raised in barns....

J.J. said...

When I hear someone talking on the phone in the stall next to me, I always flush at least twice just to screw with them.

KD said...

JJ...that seriously made me laugh out loud... :)