Thursday, July 09, 2009

Nice work Fatties, now do it again

Yay, the Brewers beat the Cardinals last night, helping the Cubs (who appear allergic to winning) not drop further in the standings (3 back at press time). I'm gonna need them to do it again today. Thanks Prince Fielder, in advance. It feels dirty, icky and downright wrong cheering for the Fatties, but the Cubs have left me no other choice. It is the way it has to be-at least until tomorrow. Then I can resume hating the Fatties (AKA the Brewers, but Fatties seems more fitting, dontcha think? I mean, have you seen Prince Fielder?) and that damn Ryan Braun (whose big mouth keeps getting him in trouble...yea, question the GM in public, THAT'S a good idea....).

This is just disturbing...and that's the Prince on a skinny day....

The Cubbies have a MUCH needed off day today, they better take that time to get all Zen-like and pray to the baseball gods that their effing offense comes alive. They're playing the 1st place (ouch) Cardinals starting tomorrow....for four games (including a freakin double header on Sunday-yikes). When the only guy gettting hits in a game is Kosuke Fukudome, you know you're in trouble (no offense to Fuke). I'm not saying the Cubs have to sweep the Dirty Birds (although that would be nice), but I'm looking for a MINIMUM split in the series. Just do this already Cubbies. Thanks. Because really, you're starting to piss me off (with the exception of the starting pitchers, because, without them, I guaran-damn-tee the Cubs would be in the basement of the NL Central).

On to non-baseball related topics-so I was damn near side-swiped by a crazy b**ch in a truck last night. True story. I was driving along, minding my own business (going the speed limit and everything!) when I see a bit ahead of me this truck pull out-in front of a cop (now, I may not be the smartest girl alive, but I'm pretty sure THAT is a stupid thing to do....), she slammed on her brakes and was kinda sitting in the middle of the road. She then floored it, just as I was driving by and started to come into my lane. I had to literally swerve into the other lane to avoid her hitting me right smack dab on the drivers side (thank God there wasn't a car in the other lane or KD could be mangled right now. I would have been REALLY pissed if that lady had killed me. I'm just sayin'.......). Anyway, the cop saw all of this and immediately pulled the crazy b**ch over (well done sir, well done). After I got home, I realized I was still shaking....and then I burst into tears. Again, true story. I guess I was kinda in shock (I mean, I can't really describe how much of a near miss this was...it was really scary). The good news is, I'm fine. And more importantly, my car is fine. ;)

15 comments:

ern said...

ahhhh, my eyes...my eyes...i will never be the same. thanks for that frigtening image of prince "how the heck am i an elite athlete and in no way in shape" fielder. i am scarred for life. thanks again.

but glad you are safe and not mangled. we have a 5k on sunday so you need to be non-mangled...

KD said...

When I saw that Prince pic, I knew it was not fair of me to share it with others, but I didn't want to have to be the only one witnessing it.....my eyes are bleeding right now.

Blue said...

KD! I'm very happy that you are well and still with us. Hopefully that cop did his job and cited that lady for her crazy driving.
Now as for the pic of Prince.....dang, that is so wrong!....lol
You know whenever I see him play I tell myself, damn, his uniforms looks so unsat, always baggy, shirt hanging out, his pant legs dragging on the dirt, not a good image whatsoever. Of course this could be my military mind speaking, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

KD said...

You know I surfed the net and found that Prince pic on company time....shhh, don't tell my boss. :)
I was trying to find a pic of his true fatness, and well, lo and behold, I found it.

I fully expect him to hit at least 2 homers today, preferably w/guys on base....

Blue said...

His Father was a big guy as well, but you never saw him playing with his uniform looking like Prince's does.
I hope he does us good against the Dirty Birds today, then we could forgive him his shoddy look for one day.

KD said...

Well Blue, it ain't lookin good...Dirty Birds up 5-1 in the 9th. Stupid Fatties!!!!

Blue said...

5-1, damn, so much for trying to get a little help from the enemy.
Wouldn't this be a sweep of the Brewers by the Cards?

KD said...

2 outta 3, but close enough. And it's now a final. Thanks a lot Brewers. Boo!!!

Blue said...

This could be the start of the Brewers downward spiral. Afterall, they don't have CC to bail them out like they did last season.
But I have seen word about them going after Roy Halladay of the Blue Jays.

KD said...

rumor has it the Dirty Birds are going after Halladay too. Yikes.

Blue said...

I thinking he'll stay in the AL, but if he does end up in the NL, I don't think he'll do very well, at least not just yet.

Blue said...

You know the Bucs are looking to trade Freddy Sanchez, wouldn't he be a good addition to the Cubs? But that would mean someone would have to go.

KD said...

Hmmm...Freddy Sanchez would indeed be a good addition....but the price the Cubs would have to pay may be too high.

Oh, and thanks everyone for being glad I'm not dead and stuff. You ROCK! :)

Jen Estes said...

Oh. My. God. Is that blubber I see? Or maybe some cottage cheese? Where did you get this picture? Nevermind, these are questions I don't want the answer to.

Hilarious.

KD said...

The internet is a magical place, Jen. A magical place.