Monday, July 20, 2009

Dating

I've decided I'm taking a dating sabbatical. Maybe for good. It's too hard and I'm too damn old. I mean, seriously. Let's revisit my last three candidates, shall we, just for shits and grins (and for everyone's entertainment or mortification-whatever):

I tried dating the bad boy-we all know how that turned out. Further details not needed. No amount of therapy and/or psychotropic medication/alcohol can erase the horribleness of that time in my life....we call that "the year that never happened".

Next, I went the opposite route and tried dating a nice guy. Nice and boring are apparently synonymous, because seriously, talking to him was like watching paint dry. I feel bad saying that, but, hell, it's the truth. Had to move on from that one....

And then I tried dating my best friend. Ah...yea, all I got from that was a broken heart that I'm sarcastically pretending I don't still have.....and that's all I got to say about that (said in my best Forrest Gump voice).

I'm much happier sitting at home, by myself, watching Cubs games and reading People magazine. It's much less stressful and I don't even have to worry about whether or not I've shaved my legs. That's win-win in my book. I'll just go get myself 9, 10 cats and call it a day......sound like a plan?

7 comments:

Jen Estes said...

So when Hoffy wises up and dumps his wife to come runnin' for ya, I should tell him you're NOT available after all?

KD said...

Well, Jen, you know there ARE always exceptions to every rule...... ;)

Blue said...

Hmmm, 9 cats in little Cubs jerseys would put a smile on your face. You would have a complete team.
Of course you would have to get a couple of rough tough alley cats to be Ted and Big Z....lol

KD said...

Oh Blue, cats in little Cubs jerseys would be soooo cute! :) Ted kitty and Big Z kitty would definitely be feral alley cats! LMAO!

Blue said...

Cats rock, I love cats, but my dogs don't...lol.
Maybe you can get some offspring from that one Wrigley Field cat that was on earlier this season.

KD said...

LOL! Unfortunately, I'm allergic to the little critters, so I guess I'll have to rethink my old maid plan.... :)

Blue said...

Well you could get nine blue fish of some sort....lol.